|Job Ref:||EMP375635||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Farnborough||Address:||Salary:||£45,000 - £75,000/year||Post Date:||26/10/2016 21:32|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the ideal candidate to join a rapidly growing company to expand and develop their own RF IC and Chip Design team within a company with multiple projects with the European Space Agency and the UK MOD. |
RF, IC Design, Analog, Team Leadership
The ideal candidate will develop and manage the entire RF IC Design team within the company, and their brand new site just outside London.
The role responsibilities include:
Form and manage an RFIC team, in charge of developing MIMO RFICs MIMO transceivers for satellite communication in cmWave frequency range, targeting advanced CMOS nodes.
In addition the team will develop IPs targeted to be integrated in an SoC, that will include Digital and RF portions.
As RFIC manager you will:
• Form and lead a team of 5-6 RFIC designers
• Lead process selection for the RFICs
• Lead multiple chips developments, working closely with the Algo and system teams
• Full ownership of RFIC chip from definition phase to post-tapeout activities
• Engage with 3rd party vendors for IPs and layout
• Hands-on work on specific RFIC blocks and chip level simulations
• Close collaboration with antenna design for phase array applications
The expectations for the role are as follows:
Extensive industry experience in analog and/or RFIC design
Experience as RFIC manager and chip lead experience
Experience in design of multiple RFIC blocks from initial stage to Tape Out. Solid understanding of the designs details, tradeoffs, and alternatives of the following topics:
• PLL or clock generation circuitry
• RFIC PA/LNA/Mixer/Filters/VGAs/detectors
• Bias and sensors bandgap, LDO, thermal and voltage sensors
Familiarity with the following tools:
• Cadence ADE
• EM environment ( HFSS, CST, Momentum )
MSc. Or above in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
If you would like to know more, please get in touch.