|Job Ref:||R0011906||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Post Date:||05/10/2016 22:01|
Service Desk Support|
The purpose of this role is to work as part of the UK Service Desk Team.
This is a dual role offering split work streams covering IT support to all business users, logging incidents and Service Requests in the Service Desk tool (Service Now) and diagnosing and managing these incidents through to resolution as well as provinding implementation support to Service requests. The split will be approximately 50 :50, however this will be dependant on volumes.
• End to end call management of incidents through to resolution as required to ensure the incidents are fixed to the satisfaction of the customer and in-line with SLAs.
• Responsible for answering all calls to the Service Desk within the SLA response times.
• Raising Service Requests from users either via the phone or online portal
• Accurately recording all incident details and resolution activity into the Service Desk tool.
• Assisting Problem Management in the provision of root cause analysis and troubleshooting ensuring that all data is accurate and up to date where applicable
• Providing a high level of first time fix for all incidents.
• Escalating incidents to the next level of management or technical support where SLA timescales are reached.
• Ensuring regular communications updates are provided to the customer until incidents are resolved.
• User account creation in Active Directory and NT
• Email account management in Exchange 2007\2013
• Full lifecycle administration of Windows Shares in NT and Active Directory
• Deployment of Virtual Machines within VMWare
• Configuration and deployment of Microsoft Office suites and other software
• Adherence to Thales procedures, working practices and department specific processes.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required to support the Service Management operation.
Signing on to the phones at the start of the shift, taking calls from all areas of business regarding incidents, service requests or escalations. Monitoring of the on-line portal and email accounts. Working on Implementations, deploying software and creating shared folder access.
The Service Desk covers Monday to Friday 07:30 to 18:00 as well as Saturday mornings 08:00 to 13:00. The role would involve working as part of a large SC Cleared team taking telephone calls from users from all areas of the business as well as monitoring the on-line portal, deploying software and managing Service Request implementations.
Skills & Experience Required:
Ideally experience of working on a service desk dealing with a large variety of issues, applications and assets. Knowledge of Enterprise Volt, Windows 7, Exchanger, Outlook and other MS Applications would be an advantage. The ability to communicate effectively and with appropriate sensitivity with a wide variety of colleagues and suppliers.
Ideally someone from a customer service and IT background used to working in a large team. Be able to adapt to changing environment and priorities depending on business needs. Excellent customer service skills. Be able to demonstrate a methodical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting of both IT related issues and Service Management related issues.
To be an integral part of our Service Support team please apply below: