Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide. |
We are currently looking to recruit a Shift Production Manager (m/f) for our Old Oak Common depot in London
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Shift Production Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the project with the aim of leading and developing a positive culture and working environment that drives attitudes and behaviours to support and continuously develop the overall project strategy for improvements to Safety, Quality Cost and Delivery, ensuring the Units are maintained in compliance with the maintenance plan, manuals and in a safe and efficient manner and providing Rail for London with a world class passenger service operations.
To achieve this, the Shift Production Manager will manage the production team, supporting delivery and completion of planned/unplanned maintenance and component exchange programs, providing technical and planning support to the operator.
Maintenance Services :
- Responsible for the presentation of Units in meeting the required entry times and entry points in accordance with the Train Plan Parameters, Train Plan, and the Preparation, Presentation & Hand-back procedure.
- Responsible for delivering the maintenance of each Unit, Vehicle and Equipment in accordance with the Maintenance Plan, Manuals, maintenance procedures and general requirements of the Maintenance Services.
- Ensure all repairs are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Manuals and the Maintenance Plan.
- Ensure all fault finding has been undertaken with a high degree of due diligence to mitigate any repeat occurrence of the fault.
- Undertake any Additional Services to a Unit, such as damage and vandalism.
Off Site Maintenance Plan:
Depot Operations Plan:
- Responsible for the Maintenance Services during initial fleet introduction (where some Units are captive to Ilford Depot until the Central Section is completed), and those Units being delivered to Old Oak Common Depot for the subsequent stages of fleet introduction
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of Old Oak Common Depot complies with the Depot Operations Plan with respect to:
- All safety critical arrangements are in place to safeguard staff
- Train movements by Bombardier staff on the depot complies with the Depot Unit Movement Management Plan and depot protection arrangements
- All rules for pedestrians, vehicles, staff and contractors are adhered to
- Responsible for fault and incident reporting for related incidents, near misses and accidents at either Old Oak Common or the Outstations
- Ensure all Maintenance Services and Production activities are carried out in accordance with procedures, manuals, handbooks and instructions.
Depot Safety Management System:
- Responsible for the health and safety of the Production activities ensuring all risks are controlled to ensure a safe working environment for all staff and contractors.
- The risks to be controlled include workplace risks, plant & equipment use, noise, pressure equipment, slips & trips, working at height, workplace transport, workers risks, harmful substances, manual handling, personal protective equipment, vibration and confined spaces. Other risks to control include control of contractors and change management
- Set demanding and realistic production goals through sustained effort to exceed performance targets. Self-driven to drive the Production function to deliver the Maintenance Services to deliver on time and to cost.
- Develop strong relationships with the Project Team departments in delivering all management plans.
- Provide strong team leadership through supporting the team, maintain effective working relationships, provide constructive feedback to team members and keep all staff informed through briefs, toolbox talks and appraisals.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree or working towards membership of an approved institute
- Technical knowledge and understanding of rolling stock maintenance and design
- Experience of managing in a production environment ideally within the Rail industry although not essential.
- People management, negotiation and disciplinary skills
- Experience in using problem solving techniques to investigate technical faults
- Ability to lead, coach and & motivate a team to achieve individual & departmental development
- Strong flexibility and communication skills
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 14.10.2016
Closing date: 13.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37