At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
Troubleshoot, repair, inspect, modify, and service aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic systems. Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hanger positions)
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect, modify and service aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment
- Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist other maintenance disciplines
- Return A/C to service after maintenance at off-site locations (if certified)
- May assist in creation of service orders with SAP
- May provide time estimates
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- May assist in complete engine and / or APU runs
As our ideal candidate:
- You will typically have a minimum of 0-2 years A/C avionics work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You have gone to an Avionics / electric A/C Technical School or substantiated equivalent
- You can read and understand electrical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You have basic PC skill
- You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory & control of tools
- You must be able to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as require
- You must be able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holiday
- You must be able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) (if applicable)
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- You have A certification or an A&P certification
- You have a FCC Certificate, GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate
- You have previously trained other technicians
- You have experience on Bombardier Business Aircraft
- You have 1 year on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.