Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets-oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We're a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining. We provide facilities maintenance and management services for our clients' industrial, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and commercial sites worldwide. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off, a 401k plan with company match, an Employee Referral Bonus program, employee discounts, and much more - and your benefits start the same day you do. Come join our team!
AECOM is seeking a high level Industrial maintenance mechanic / millwright in Groton, CT! This is primarily a 1st shift position that supports a 24/7 operation; scheduled work hours may vary based on critical business demand.
This position is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in interpreting and responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing emergency and preventive maintenance and repairs on the building and production equipment, fixtures and systems in a research environment.
Working under minimal supervision as a member of a self-directed work team, this is a multi-craft position that may perform machine repairs and general non-licensed maintenance work, as well as support other licensed trades as directed. Requires good working knowledge of all types and applications of equipment pertaining to maintenance and operations for assigned area, and the ability to work within machine tolerances. General maintenance, including minor duties in carpentry, painting, and sheet metal, may also be required.
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic / Millwright must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs all facility and production associated equipment in compliance with all company regulations and standards.
- Analyzes equipment failures, inspects, replaces, alters, and maintains in good repair all building and production services and related equipment.
- Performs planned maintenance on all building equipment and related services for specific area while being sensitive and responsive to customer needs.
- Performs trouble-shooting techniques on mechanical equipment such as pumps, agitators, hydraulic systems, research laboratory vacuum systems, RO/DI purified water systems, compressed air and other gas equipment and distribution systems to determine problems and effect repairs as promptly and efficiently as possible to minimize downtime.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections.
- Develops and implements planned maintenance procedures, performs job estimates, maintains spare parts inventory. Keeps stock persons informed as to parts consumed from inventory.
- Assists in installing, inspecting new equipment and servicing installations.
- Provides support to co-workers, contractors, vendors, project managers, building managers, and engineers as necessary to support project and renovation work.
- Complies with all governmental, company, and industrial regulations, codes, and standards, health safety practices, and permit systems.
- Provides training to other team members to ensure continued customer support during an absence and to teach specialized skills and techniques.
- Read and interpret work from drawings, written work orders, sketches, blueprints, and technical manuals.
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper company safety guidelines, such as lockout/tagout, confined space, and hot work procedures, and wearing PPE as required.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, good comprehensive and analytical skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of maintenance experience in one of the following trades, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience: industrial HVAC, industrial mechanical machine repair, or automotive repair.
- This position requires the ability to regularly push or pull hand or pallet trucks with weights up to 1200 pounds.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods and walk extensively throughout the facility during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, twist, crawl, and climb repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel, work in cramped or confined spaces, or assume uncomfortable or tiring body positions repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, stairs, or scaffolding at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 100 lbs.
- Requires the ability to work at an accelerated pace in emergency conditions, as needed.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in indoor or outdoor environments where conditions such as heat, cold, noise, fumes, odors, dust, oils, mists, gases or other dirty work conditions exist.
- Possible exposure to hazards of tools, power equipment, steam, electrical shock, hot and cold surfaces, biological agents, chemicals and other industrial hazards.
- Subject to possible injuries such as cuts, strains, bruises, falls, and burns. May work with chemicals, solvents, steam, hot and cold liquids, gases, hot electrical circuits, and rotating equipment.
- Will be required to work alone the majority of the time.
- Must be able to recognize hazard conditions, take appropriate work place safety measures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment to suit work environment.
Other Attributes: • May be required to work overtime, variable shifts and 24-hour/7 days a week on-call as needed.
- Associate's degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, HVAC, or a related field.
- Experience working safely with 480 volt 3 phase electrical systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial facility mechanical equipment, including vacuum systems and RO/DI water systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing large commercial or industrial HVAC/R equipment.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Working knowledge of all types and kinds of hand and power tools, air measuring instruments, various refrigeration equipment, various electrical meters, meggers, and shop equipment.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.