Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To carry out a range of monitoring, cleaning and other chemical testing tasks to meet clients' agreed requirements with regard to the Legionella control programme as set out in the Water Technical Manual. Specifically this role requires the user to be able to understand the operation and control of Cooling Tower, Steam Boiler and Closed heating and cooling system water treatment programmes.
This position will be based in Crawley.
- To carry out routine monitoring tasks in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8.
- Carry out work in line with the Water Technical Manual's guidance to safe systems of work.
- To be an ambassador for the Company whilst visiting customers sites.
- Maintain customer's water log books in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8 and company guidelines.
- To take a variety of Water samples from multiple sector properties and document these samples in line with the Water Technical Manual guidance.
- Carry out testing and treatment of cooling tower, steam boiler and closed system water in line with the appropriate standards.
- Design and implement a water treatment programme for these systems and other systems not mentioned above.
- Simple remedial tasks to maintain dosing equipment.
- Analysis testing and checking of Chlorine dioxide systems and equipment.
- Checking and calibration of our supplied equipment.
- Manage site chemical stock levels in line with the contractual agreement.
- Complete and submit all documentation relating to the work carried out in a timely manner and produce documentation and follow the progress of any paperwork regarding customer queries.
- To communicate on a daily basis to the service department that all tasks are carried out efficiently.
- Maintain adequate stock of chemicals and consumable materials in your vehicle to carry out your work for the time planned.
- Ensure all expenditure has the prior of approval of the Line Manager.
- To maintain plant and equipment on customers site.
- Comply with special instructions laid down for certain customers that appear on route prints or job cards.
- Carry out vehicle checks and report any damage to your line manager.
- Follow the correct maintenance, driving and safety guidelines as detailed in the Drivers Handbook.
- Ensure that any equipment for which you are responsible (e.g. Tablet computer, Destiny pen, test kit) is kept clean and is properly maintained.
- Any other reasonable task requested by your manager in line with responsibility of role and grade of job.
- Wear all PPE correctly, as per company issued requirements and site-specific requirements.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Has a technical background relating to water chemistry.
- Has a basic IT skill, preferably with Microsoft package.
- Demonstrable organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure, being able to manage and work to deadlines.
- Understands the importance of, and can demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Team Player.
- Experience in an analytical role is desirable but not essential.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.