Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To play an essential role within the pre-employment screening team, ensuring perspective New Starters and TUPE candidates are screened to the appropriate standards. Ensure employees are on-boarded within an efficient timescale.
- To assist with screening new employees in accordance with the BS7858 and the company standards.
- To assist with liaising and chasing external companies/educational institutions/government departments to obtain references via the telephone/fax/email/letters within the UK or aboard.
- To adhere to ISO27001, processes & procedures of the pre-employment screening department.
- To ensure new starters are logged and recorded accurately on Logosoft & Timegate.
- To ensure that references are reliable and/or fully investigated should there be any concerns.
- To ensure candidates are kept fully aware of the progress with their screening and contacted should there be any concerns.
- To raise any adverse or derogatory information as soon as possible
- Liaising with other departments and external companies.
- Assisting with Logosoft & Timagate ensuring it is always up-to-date and information recorded is accurate.
- To continually contribute towards the development, efficient and effectiveness of the recruitment, pre-employment screening department.
- To fully understand the importance of confidentiality within the role and to exert discretion at all times.
- To always be prepared to assist with the needs of the department and to be flexible to requests that are made whilst carrying out daily roles and responsibilities.
- To actively promote a team ethos amongst your work colleagues so that all staff are working as a unit and understand their roles within the tasks that are performed.
- Understand complete service provisions across different service lines and brands within Interserve.
- Carryout the on-boarding process for all new starters.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 1 year pre-employment screening/administrative experience (Essential).
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral (Essential).
- Firm understanding of Microsoft Office (Essential).
- Prior knowledge of BS7858 (Desirable).
- Proven ability to prioritise work load on a daily basis and work under pressure.
- Proven ability to ensure deadlines and KPI's are met on a daily and weekly basis.
- Team player who is willing to assist others to ensure the department needs and requirements are met.
- Professional and proactive within the department; providing ideas and to ensure the efficient running of the department.
- On occasion you will be required to travel nationwide.
- Pay Rate: £25,000 per annum
- Hours: Monday - Friday (40 hours per week)
- Working Hours: 0900 - 1900 (flexibility required)
- Workplace Pension
- Training Provided
- MyInterserve discount vouchers
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.