Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To value, submit and agree Contract variations and oversee and provide an effective Commercial and Financial support to the Operations, and support staff. Ensuring contractual, financial and project commitments are met and to manage the efficient commercial performance, cost control and cash collection for projects and ad hoc works. Assisting in the maximising of revenue and profit margin, monitoring cost expenditure against budget, identification, valuation and submission of variations to Contract ensuring Company and Contract processes and procedures are adhered too, and general duties expected of a Quantity Surveyor on a large contract.
- Ensure process is followed to ensure Purchase and Sub Contract Orders are processed efficiently.
- Assisting in the production and reporting of monthly P&L by submission of accurate contract valuation reports.
- Ensure sales invoicing are issued, and payment is received in line with the contract agreement and that any queries which are withholding payment are promptly responded to.
- Liaising with Operations in the raising of Sub Contract orders, and the administration of Sub Contractors, including checking and approval of valuations and invoices.
- Support Branch Management Team in resolving of supplier/Sub Contract issues effectively.
- Ensure Branch Management Team and site administration follow quality procedures in order to maintain records and that reporting is accurate and relevant.
- Assist the General Manager in the preparation of periodic internal and customer reports.
- Monitor purchasing of supplies and consumables to the contract and ensure the company purchasing policy and procedure is adhered to at all times.
- Forecasting/Reporting - Formulation of Contract budget forecasts, performance trends, and profit and loss.
- Auditing - Ensure that sales and cost reporting of the Contract Variations are accurate and issued on time.
- Contract Updating - Ensure that any amendments and variations to the Contract are completed correctly and in line with client agreements. Ensure audit trails, targets and forecasts are updated accordingly.
- Proposals - valuation and submission of contract variations, maximising both revenue and profit margin.
- Contract Management - To assist in the development of the Contract by attending monthly and periodic Project review meetings.
- Ensure compliance with contract terms.
- Work with contract management to develop systems to monitor contract performance.
- Work with contract management to ensure contract amendments are applied in a timely and accurate manner in agreement with the customer.
- Ensure contract payment terms are followed within the conditions of the contract.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for
- HND and or other relevant qualification in Commercial/Finance discipline.
- Prioritisation is essential as are good organisation and communication skills.
- It is essential for the job holder to know when it is appropriate to seek advice or authority.
- The job holder must be able to communicate at all levels and present a professional image at all times.
- Demonstratable management of bid proposals.
- Experience in a Labour intensive service Company, service industry or similar environment.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Strong numerate and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self starter.
- Methodical approach.
- A team player with the a bility to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexible with hours - able to work late if necessary.
- Ability to travel and visit sites.
- Familiar with Maximo CAFM is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Company.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.