Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
An exciting opportunity to work in the Interserve Communities business unit as a Project Coordinator has arisen and this role is mobile throughout the UK. The post holder will provide support for projects being managed by members of the project team, this will include the production of project documentation, coordination of meetings and events, liaison with client stakeholders, suppliers and colleagues, the creation and maintenance of project files including version control. They will also act as the project buddy for FM site staff ensuring that through support and assistance non project staff deliver local projects to full compliance, safely, to the right quality and within budget.
The successful candidate will need to undertake DBS Standard security clearance. This is a UK-wide position however candidates will ideally be located within a commutable distance to one of three offices: York, West Bromwich or Derby.
- To act as project support to Project Managers & Commercial team.
- Provide a support service to the Project Managers and Commercial team including administrative support.
- Be responsible for supporting projects employing Project Management methodologies.
- Organisation and coordination of meetings and events, associated with projects.
- Liaise / update the central programme management team to ensure a coordinate approach to the delivery of projects.
- Creation and maintenance of standard project documentation that can be tailored to suit individual projects including outline business cases, output based specifications, full business cases and other documentation associated with the procurement process.
- Liaise with clients, Interserve FM & contractors to agree start dates & appropriate attendance.
- Work closely with all levels.
- Represent the project team at meetings as and when required.
- To Act as Configuration Librarian for projects.
- Creation and maintenance of a filing structure (electronic and paper) for each project.
- Creation and maintenance of a library of project documents including identification of documents, holding master copies, issuing copies, record keeping, version control and keeping a log of project issues.
- Integrating PMO Financial, Planning, and Control processes.
- Ensuring compliance to account and project management gate review processes including, where necessary, preparation of documentation.
- Update, maintain and interrogate information management systems & be the central point of contact for the project management system & Maximo.
- To develop and deliver project information.
- Act as a 'Project Buddy' for site managers / FM operational managers. Supporting & advising the operational delivery manager on project process to enable lower value less complex projects to be delivered by the FM operational teams.
- Establish, coordinate & production of standard programme / project progress & financial reports.
- Assist the Project /Commercial Managers & Regional Head of Projects with the generation of reporting & provision of additional ad hoc reporting where required.
- Assist in the monitoring of sub-contractor performance.
- To develop and maintain project risk and project issues logs.
- Develop a project risk log and maintain recording of risks for each project.
- Develop a project issue log and maintain recording of issues for each project.
- Assisting in the analysis of benefits or risks associated with a project.
- Manage the project coordinator within the team.
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- IT literate in MS Office with a high degree of competency using spreadsheets and experiance of using at least one project management system.
- Understanding & use of information management systems/databases and the production of associated reports.
- Able to supervise and take control of project administrative functions.
- Understand the commercial process (tendering and obtaining quotes against specifications).
- Understands the procurement process and be able take control of raising and receipting all orders.
- An understanding of asset management information systems.
- Previous experience of working for the public service sector (desirable).
- An understanding of the implications of Building Regulations, Local Authority Planning, Fire compliance & Construction (Design).
- An understanding of the CDM Regulations & when notification to the HSE applies (desirable).
- You must be able to deliver the above at pace, working within multiple deadlines & duties & also deliver works accurately.
- Experience of the creation of project documentation.
- Experience of maintaining libraries of documentation including version control and document status.
- Knowledge and experience of using PRINCE2 project management methodology is desirable.
- You will be expected to work to your own initiative, whilst also working well as an integral team member.
- We are looking for a Project Coordinator who remains calm under pressure, commands respect, has the confidence of their colleagues & can communicate effectively at all levels.
- They will also be confident in making decisions and follow up their decisions with action to achieve objectives.
- Capable of working under pressure with minimum supervision.
- The successful candidate must have a flexible approach to work, excellent communication & PC skills (familiarity with MS Office packages).
- Accuracy & attention to detail are essential.
- The successful candidate will be able to balance commercial considerations with the needs of colleagues & clients, uses consultation & negotiation to reach agreement, critically examine numerical, financial & written data, track delivery against specifications & budgets.
- The ideal candidate will continuously pursue high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities & learn from experience.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.