Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
We are currently looking for a driven, customer service orientated and people centric Operations Manager with knowledge and experience of working within the Cleaning Service Industry to join our management team on our Docklands Light Railway contract.
As the Operations Manager responsible for cleaning operations, you will have overall accountability for the delivery of high levels of quality standards, excellent customer service, control of budgets, training and development of your team, and adherence to the stringent Health & Safety requirements of the contract.
You will actively lead and encourage the achievement of specified company objectives and contractual obligations in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
This is a key role in developing and implementing a strategic approach to maintaining and improving the contract with specific accountability for enhancing the service and particular emphasis on cost control, improvement of standards and development of people together with the development of a proactive culture within the organisation. The post holder will ensure that goals and plans are achieved through effective management and motivation of all personnel.
- Support the Company's and Client's long term objectives and make appropriate contributions to the contract's, divisional and corporate decision making.
- Maintain the highest standards of presentation, leadership, personal integrity and customer service. Support, lead, coach and motivate the supervisory team.
- Manage the people development and succession planning within the contract to ensure opportunities are created and key personnel are retained.
- Take ownership of staff engagement strategy. Ensure "Everyone has a Voice" surveys are analysed and plans produced to improve engagement.
- Work closely with the Commercial and Finance teams to ensure that we work within contractual compliance and within forecasted budget.
- Responsible for manpower budget, ensuring that the budget is adhered to, savings targets are driven and all levels of expenditure are within agreed parameters.
- Responsible for all aspects of staff deployment including the design of staff rotas, daily staff deployment, cover and contingency plans, agency cover, recruitment, annual leave and absence management.
- Responsible for staff training relating to DLR Railway compliance, Core Skills, QSHE and all other relevant training.
- Responsible for all sub-contractor works.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with all statutory requirements and corporate policies including, but not limited to, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, and Employment Legislation as per Interserve's Integrated Management System.
- Ensure full understanding of any changes and development in legislation and working practices that may affect the company's operations and/or present new opportunities.
What we are looking for
- Experience within a similar role with core FM cleaning service delivery.
- Experience of similar cleaning contract management within a c.£5million portfolio.
- Experience within the rail environment is not required but would be advantageous.
- Experience of managing individual's performance, developing and coaching a team. Setting objectives and directly line managing a team of at least 5 supervisors or above.
- Experience of designing and implementing rotas and daily staff deployment within a large operation (c.100 staff) as well as managing payroll, annual leave and absence management.
- Experience of delivering training, coaching of Supervisors / Managers and progression planning.
- Demonstrative experience of client management at a senior level including data analysis and report writing.
- Effective relationship building (client, stakeholder, supplier and internal). Managing our client and their expectations.
- Strong financial management and controls. Understanding and applying commercial and financial principles and viewing issues in terms of cost, profits, markets and added value.
- Robust people management and development. Able to motivate and empower others to reach organisational goals.
- Ability to embrace and implement change.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, driven environment.
- Clear communication skills (at all levels) and clear direction.
- A strong leader who manages by example.
- IT literate in the MS Office suit.
- IOSH/NEBOSH - desirable but not essential.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.