Requisition ID: |
Bechtel is seeking a Control Systems Engineer (Rail) to join our Reston, VA office.
- Manage the development remit for a proposal so that it properly describes the engineering requirements, scope, possibilities and operational performance targets and maintain a robust challenge to sponsoring engineers and managers, in order to monitor and value manage the business and technical remit and thereby optimize the business case.
- Manage all engineering and development activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable, and that meet program requirements in a safe & environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Manage (or undertake where applicable) the development of suitable engineering options for a proposal giving full consideration to safety, reliability, operational capacity modelling, maintainability, ease of construction, and environmental/whole life issues. Engineering excellence is to be supported by:
- Secure all relevant base data.
- Review compliance with appropriate standards.
- Use risk ID and evaluation methods (e.g. HAZOP, QRA, LRM), as suitable, to evaluate and compare options.
- Using feedback from all relevant past projects, lessons learned
- Confirm whether strict change control is maintained on scope development; evaluate cost, time and performance impacts in conjunction with development management.
- Participate in the selection of a single option for further development, preparing or monitoring preparation of reports, papers etc. as necessary.
- Manage (or undertake where applicable) the development of the selected single option.
- Manage (or undertake where applicable) the preparation of the full engineering data package required for commencement of the detailed design, and participate in answering clarifications/queries as needed.
- Manage adequate resourcing of the feasibility stages of project development and in the use of the most appropriate support equipment.
- Manage the engineering interfaces of allocated proposals with concurrent work in other disciplines, or within other programs.
- Act as or liaise with the appropriate Project Engineer so that method statements for site works and surveys in particular are produced and approved to the required standards.
- Monitor, assess, evaluate and audit Consultants and Contractors.
- Manage all Human Factors and HMI activities to successfully achieve handover
- Manage all special and interface requirements for the control centers.
- Right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 8+ years Control Systems experience in rail systems
- Strong evaluation and decision-making skills
- A working knowledge of rail engineering; relevant successful experience working in the principal discipline and an adequate understanding of all other related disciplines
- An appreciation of all the life cycle stages of rail infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively in a team context
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Shaping tomorrow together
- Membership of a relevant engineering professional institution
- Experience in design, installation and maintenance
- Formal qualifications in risk identification and assessment
- Yellow book or CSM course
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.