Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Equipment Technician within our Permian EOR South Plains group based in Levelland, TX. |
Essential Job Duties:
Preventive/predictive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of oilfield surface equipment. This includes knowledge and skills to maintain equipment reliability of various pumps, compression (screw and reciprocating packages), and associated field surface equipment.
- 5 or more years oilfield experience preferred, with a preferred background in rotating equipment maintenance
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety (personal safety, co-workers, contractors and the public)
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems and perform root cause failure analysis
- Thorough knowledge of surface equipment types and applications related to gas/oil processing
- Ability to repair mechanical problems on required equipment
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance and manage operating costs within budget
- Experience working with high and low speed gas engines
- Capable of basic troubleshooting of automation and electrical equipment. Also capable of repairing some equipment, such as actuators & level alarms and of changing out fuses, relays, etc.
- Competent in computer programs applicable to his/her daily work processes (Microsoft programs, Maximo)
- Experience in directing and supervising contract labor
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- High School Graduate or G.E.D.
- Must have valid driver's license and an excellent driving record
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- Working knowledge of CO2 operations preferred
- Knowledge of Maximo or similar program to track equipment inventory, repairs, and costs