- Requisition ID:
- Position Title:
- Project: Waste Treatment Plant (WTP)
- Relocation Authorized:
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background check and physical
Bechtel is designing, constructing and commissioning the world's largest radioactive waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department of Energy at the Hanford Site in southeastern Washington state. The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant will use vitrification technology to process and solidify 56 million gallons (210 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site, which is a byproduct of plutonium production during World War II and the Cold War era.
The project is the largest undertaking of its kind and one of DOE's most technically challenging cleanup projects. Its construction spans 65 acres (26 hectares) with four major nuclear facilities - Pretreatment, Low-Activity Waste Vitrification, High-Level Waste Vitrification and Analytical Laboratory - as well as operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, other support facilities.
This position is located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) and worksa 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Leads construction engineers in a broad range of construction engineering work within a specific engineering discipline for a particular area of the project. Provides engineering assistance to superintendents, directs assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, and quality, and assures results meet design requirements.
- Provide technical direction and assistance to Electrical Superintendents and crafts.
- Supervise and coordinate work activities of electrical field engineering staff if assigned.
- Perform inspections of all electrical work in progress on a continual basis and complete final checkout of electrical installations to ensure quality and conformance to specifications and codes prior to turnover to client for startup.
- Perform takeoffs and initiate and track field purchased materials for electrical commodities.
- Assist with the technical coordination of the lock-out and tag-out program activities.
- Coordinate with vendor Technical Advisors as required.
- Coordinate with Engineering to resolve drawing and set-route issues.
- Inspect permanent plant materials during the receiving process to insure they meet project standards and drawings.
- Issue Field Material Request for purchase of permanent plant materials.
- Coordinate and inspect subcontractors in the electrical field.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Construction related discipline from an accredited university and 6 years of progressive construction related experience including, but not limited to DOE experience, work package preparation, system turnover, temporary power design and installation, construction testing.
- In lieu of degree, 12 years of progressive construction related experience including but not limited to DOE experience, work package preparation, system turnover, temporary power design and installation, construction testing.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which includes verification of employment and education. Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
- Must be computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Must be familiar with current industry quality standards and National Electrical codes and NEMA standards for electrical installations.
- Experience in construction and technical inspection in the areas of installation and testing of electrical systems, lighting systems, high voltage equipment, grounding, DCS systems, and cable pulling activities.
- Employee is expected to demonstrate professional characteristics, initiative, tact, and flexibility while performing job duties and projects.
- Possess the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
- Knowledge and experience in construction methods and processes, and safety compliance.
- Strong knowledge of NEC and NFPA 70E.
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.