|Job Ref:||204197619||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bicester||Address:||Post Code:||OX26||Salary:||£40000 - £43000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:08|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Automotive / Electric Vehicle Systems|
Oxfordshire, UK £40-43k
This is a new opportunity to join an expanding and successful engineering company in Oxfordshire. The company is involved with the design, development and manufacture of motors, electric drivetrains and motor control solutions for electric vehicle applications, mostly automotive.
They seek an experienced mechanical design engineer to join the team and help develop their existing products and systems whilst helping to mentor and develop more junior design engineers.
The company is small hence a "many hats" approach to the role will be required and hands-on practical skills would be valuable as well as design, development and leadership.
Skills and knowledge required:
• Ideally a degree in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or similar
• Proven experience as a mechanical design engineer (concept to production)
• Use of high end mechanical 3D solid modelling systems (e.g. Catia V5, ProE Creo, UG, Solidworks or similar)
• Experience of stress analysis / FEA would be good as well as thermal / CFD knowledge
• Able to support test and validation activities (e.g. build test rigs, set up and procedures)
• Packaging of electronics / electrical systems would be good (e.g. Electric motor, inverters, battery systems) as part of hybrid powertrain.
• Candidates should be good problem solvers, self-motivated, methodical, focused and with a flexible attitude. The ability to apply engineering 1st principals to a variety of engineering problems is important.
(commutable from Banbury, Bicester, Oxford, Ayelsbury and Buckingham)