|Job Ref:||204745403||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£100000/annum Plus package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:09|
Professional & technical Vacancies Glasgow - Director of Telecommunications - UK|
Ref No:VAC-14824Location:GlasgowIndustry:Professional & technicalType:PermanentWorking Hours:Full TimeSalary:£125,000Qualifications:NEBOSH, BSc, MSC, HNC, HND, MRICS, MCIOB, BEngVacancy Description:
Our client is a leading Telecommunications, Civil Engineering, Rail and Power Company with operations in Ireland and the UK. They have an outstanding track record for growth and development of the business and employ over 2,500 employees with an annual turnover of £200 million.
Due to the rapid growth of fibre deployment across the UK, we have been retained to assist with their search for a Director of Telecommunications to join their leadership team. The successful candidate will lead and inspire a team of over 1000 employees in the construction and maintenance of this deployment. You must have excellent communications skills, be a natural decision-maker and comfortable working in a complex challenging industry.
This is an exciting time within the organisation and in the role of Director of Telecommunications, you will have a pivotal part in the organisation's growth. This is a highly visible role and has significant impact on the delivery and standard of services provided to customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain liaison with relevant team members to ensure co-ordination of all related activities.
- Monitor progress against time, cost and quality and achieve at least targeted margin and report these to Board of Directors to enable informed discussion and decision-making.
- Provide input on tenders and negotiations.
- Maintain and develop client relationships and exceed expectations, ensuring requirements are met throughout.
- Understand progress on time, cost and quality to report to Board of Directors and provide input on negotiations.
- Take responsibility for all Health, Safety, Environmental and Industrial policies ensuring all comply with current standards.
- Demonstrating strong people management and leadership skills, providing guidance and direction to project teams.
Key Skills & Experience:
- An ability to deliver strategic vision
- Strong business acumen and proactive commercial management
- Strong stakeholder engagement capability at all levels
- Extensive programme management capabilities
- Degree in Building, Construction, Design, Engineering or Quantity Surveying.
- Solid experience in Project / Operations Management with detailed knowledge of methodology, process and sequence.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects to time, cost and quality.
An executive basic salary and package is on offer. If you are ready for a new chapter in your career, please forward your CV for the attention of James Darby.
All applications will be treated confidentially