|Job Ref:||204745413||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Dartford||Address:||Post Code:||DA1||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum benefits package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:09|
Health and Safety Manager / HS&E Advisor|
A leading building contractor delivering schemes throughout London and the Home Counties is looking to appoint a Health and Safety Advisor to be based in Dartford.
• Assist in ensuring all Group operations are compliant with current legislation and regulatory guidance through ensuring operations use the appropriate Safety and Environmental Procedures
• Provide all operations with a source of Health, Safety and Environmental advice to ensure all our operations are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with best industry practice
• Provide guidance on all aspects of safety, health, welfare and fire prevention matters
• Advise and assist in the identification of hazards and the preparation of risk assessments and safety method statements
HS&E Inspections and Site Visits
• Carry out, record and communicate all inspections to relevant parties, ensuring that visits assigned are concluded in the week they are scheduled
• Liaise with site in advance of inspections
• Ensure that all HS&E Inspection Reports are distributed as soon as practicable after the inspection
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Essential minimum TECH IOSH and solid experience in a health and safety advisory role within the maintenance and construction industries
• Experience in working with a Principal Contractor
• NEBOSH General and Construction Certificate; NEBOSH Fire Certificate
• NVQ Diploma Level 4 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice (or working towards)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good IT skills
The client is seeking to appoint an individual who is proven within a Health and Safety role and has a track record of stable employment history gained working for recognised main contractors.
On offer for this Health and Safety Manager / HS&E Advisor position is a basic salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply for this position below or alternatively for further information please contact Mark Seckerson on NA or email
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Construction Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications