|Job Ref:||204740992||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||RH10 4NF||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:09|
JOB SUMMARY: |
To assist in the company's strategic growth objectives by the provision of high quality submissions and implementing successful bid management processes.
As a member of the Strategic Bidding Team work closely with bid team members for the completion and production of strategic submissions. This includes working with Central Services Managers, Business Managers and operational personnel to develop high quality and successful proposals for pre-qualification and tender submissions, demonstrating that they represent maximum benefit to the Client.
•Liaise and work closely with Strategic Bid Team and other managers and staff to produce high quality tender submissions that meet both the company's and client requirements.
•Work closely with all members of the Commercial and Strategic Bidding Teams and the wider business in co-ordinating and managing submission deliverables.
•Assist in maintaining and improving bid management processes and challenging existing practices.
•Demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post.
•Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision Mission and Values.
•Other duties appropriate to the role that may be required from time to time and as delegated by or through the Head of Strategic Bidding.
•Where appointed, to be responsible for the development, preparation and submission of strategic pre-qualifications and tenders. To work within the Strategic bidding Team and Commercial Team in developing solutions for client requirements.
•To work with operational teams and central services to develop and write quality bid solutions, ensuring submissions are produced in accordance with current procedures and governance. This will include:
•Obtaining assessing and communicating information and intelligence on client requirements
•Managing the process of tender development and submission, including tender programming, liaison and communication with wider bid team and governance
•Supervise and oversee Bid Writers and Bid Co-ordinators according to bid allocation
•Where defined, providing line management to identified team members.
•Organising and delivering workshops and other media to support the development of win themes, solution proposals, pricing and operational strategies.
•Maintaining responsibility for client contact throughout the tender period, and ensuring that all post tender requirements are dealt with efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner
•Ensuring milestones and deadlines within the bid process are met, including management of action logs and deliverables
•Developing written solutions to identified issues and questions and co-ordinating responses written by others
•Assisting with preparation and delivery of presentations to the client as appropriate
•Delivering high quality tender submissions to deadlines
• Attending post tender client feedback sessions and prepare report based on the issues discussed
• Ensuring that lessons learned from previous bids are sought, reviewed and actioned
• Good general education.
• Engineering Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential.
• Not less than 6 years' experience in carrying out a bid management / bidding role preferably within the highway maintenance/civil engineering sectors or associated industries, but not exclusively
• Large scale project experience
• Industry experience
• Demonstrating a good understanding of bid management processes.
• Experience in providing a good understanding of operational and technical considerations in determining effective solutions to support strategic bidding opportunities.
• An understanding of the commercial and legal issues that need to be considered when bidding opportunities.
• Demonstrate effective line management capability
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to think and prioritise strategically
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• IT illiterate
• Flexible working attitude
• Working under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Thinking creatively and provide innovative solutions
• Ability to continually review and improvement performance