|Job Ref:||204741111||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Aberdeenshire||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Post Code:||AB25||Salary:||£60000 - £90000/annum Excellent benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:09|
Project Manager - Civils and Structures - Superb company - Amazing prospects|
Salary extremely competitive plus a fantastic benefits package
Our client one of the UK's leading civil engineering companys requires an experienced project manager to take control of a very exciting project in Aberdeen.
Purpose of Role:
We are seeking Project Managers with clear leadership ability and an exceptional 'Teamwork Ethic' who are not only highly motivated to control the day-to-day functions on a project, but is a driver of the company vision - who can see the bigger picture and can demonstrate the ability to pull our teams together through collaborative working.
Based across our sites in the Aberdeen/North of Scotland region, you will play a vital role in the success of various small and large projects; responsible for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of projects.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the inspirational leadership, management and motivation of our teams on our projects day to day, ensuring they are managed in a safe and effective manner, on time and within budget.
You will also be responsible for building exceptional, lasting Client and internal relationships, at all times leading by example in the drive beyond excellence - ensuring that projects completed on time, within budget and with a focus on exceptional standards of Health and Safety at the forefront.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide a first point of interface for the Client, ensuring all expectations targets are either met or exceeded
• Ensure high-quality, safe and timely delivery within budgeted costs
• Provide inspirational leadership and manage productivity of the contract/site team
• Ensure that policies and procedures are followed by conducting audits
• Constantly seek competitive advantage through innovation
• Take ownership of the Bid proposal, strategy and constraints in order to meet project forecast deliverables and obligations
• Chair meetings, review and prepare reports, taking full responsibility for all operational and commercial elements
• Ensure all works carried out comply with Health & Safety and environmental legislation
• Record keeping relating to site labour, plant, materials, safety, KPIs and environmental records
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Construction or Engineering-related qualification preferred
• Proven technical experience in relevant forms of construction i.e. Groundworks; Substructure; Concrete Frames and Hard Landscaping
• Holder of high standards and driven to succeed
• Exemplary and effective leadership
• Proven experience in developing and maintaining sound working relationships with clients, sub-contractors and/or staff
• 47.5 hour week. Monday - Friday, 07.30am to 5.30pm (1 hour lunch)
• 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 days Bank Holidays
• Company car / Car allowance
• Annual discretionary bonus scheme
Our company is full of passionate and capable people and we need like-minded professionals to join us in shaping our company into the future
If you and are keen to progress your career with an employer who cares about the well-being and satisfaction of their staff, please apply now to Anna Maguire