|Job Ref:||204741261||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Alfreton||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:09|
My national clients are currently seeking a highly experienced and qualified Project Delivery Manager for a full time permanent position within Derbyshire.|
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB - To manage complex and large value projects from tender stage through to completion of the construction phase. We require a construction professional to manage and co-ordinate the entire process between the design/manufacturing/construction departments as a seamless operation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES -
• Responsible for the development of innovative design solutions to clients briefs by managing the in house design team the external consultants and design subcontractors;
• Develop and produce a construction programme for all work in line with main contractors/developers overall programme;
• Develop with the projects team, method statements and risk assessments for issue including managing the H&S Plan throughout the contract;
• Develop relationships with clients during early concept stages; manage expectations of the project through regular communication and discussions regarding requirements and specifications;
• Manage the relationship for the whole project/site team - with the client, subcontractors and professional team to resolve any queries;
• Manage the site teams, associated labour, plant and materials usage to minimize overuse, reconciliations and good site control
• Identify and check contents for Contractors Proposals, qualifications list, design information and marketing documentation to accompany the tender;
• Adopt a proactive approach to value engineering throughout the design phase, by keeping up to date with latest construction techniques and legislation;
• Review the design on an ongoing basis, identify potential interface problems & practicalities in construction, and resolve with the design team and specialist subcontractors where appropriate;
• Ensure a smooth handover of the project to the site team, by becoming involved in the initial stages of project management on site, if required;
• Attend Subcontractor selection interviews, including preparation beforehand;
• Thoroughly appraise tender/site documentation when received to identify risk, opportunity, insufficient information, inadequate or incorrect design;
• Oversee the subcontract enquiries to subcontractor designed packages;
• Ensure terms and conditions of appointment/novation are acceptable, lead designer role is defined and all services we would normally expect are included;
• Manage the design and site teams throughout the tender period and hold design team meetings as appropriate;
• Liaise with QS to produce monthly valuations and providing updates on progress, additional works and delays;
• Assist the design team to plan/manage the tender period to ensure that ;
• Sufficient design information is received in time
• In conjunction with the Estimator ensure that the BofQ is prepared sufficiently early;
• Design subcontractors have sufficient information to prepare quotations;
• Information for presentation purposes is in-hand by consultants and other departments.
• Manage the relationship with the client and their team;
• Assist with the preparation of the Tender submission presentation including delegation of certain elements to other departments or administrative staff as appropriate;
• Any other duties relevant to the role.
JOB DIMENSIONS / SCOPE: Operating Budget, other key metrics -
Managing a budget in excess of £10m up to £50m pa. Returning profits in line with the tender margins.
KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED -
• Competent user of MS packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word ;
• Comprehensive site experience in construction or site management role ;
• Well-developed Technical Construction knowledge ;
• Knowledge of current Building Regulations ;
• Qualified in a relevant construction subject ;
• Professionally qualified e.g. RIBA RICS CIOB etc.
ANY SPECIAL FACTORS OF THE ROLE - i.e. Over Time / Travel / Location
Willing to travel nationally and stay overnight away from home as the operation provides national coverage