|Job Ref:||204741367||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£30000 - £37000/annum benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:11|
Structural CAD Technician|
Salary: £30,000 to £37,000
We have an excellent opportunity to join our Structural Engineering team working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy office environment in Birmingham. With national offices and support from larger established engineering teams, and working alongside professionals from all other disciplines, you will develop a comprehensive view of the construction industry as a whole.
With a varied work stream, you will have the opportunity to become involved many fields of Structural Engineering; from the working with Listed and high-end residential buildings, to housing association properties; to the detailing of large commercial and industrial buildings, and challenging multi-storey developments.
Based at our central Birmingham office, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of Structural Engineering Technician services. You will be expected to work independently, although under the direction, and with the support of the Team Manager.
Duties will include:
* Preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications for Tender purposes
* Production of Construction drawings and specifications for issue to Contractors by computer aided techniques
* Visiting sites during the Construction phase to monitor progress
* Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office
* Excellent communication skills, in both written and spoken English
* Minimum 3 years structural technician and drafting experience in core materials; Concrete, Steel, Masonry, and Timber
* Placement years, or extensive on site experience preferable
* Extensive Experience with AutoCAD
If you would like to know more about this role then please do not hesitate to contact Ross on: (Apply online only).
Apply now to (url removed) with your CV
The services of Strata Construction Consulting UK Ltd are that of an Employment Agency.
Strata Construction Consulting UK Ltd specialise in the placement of Engineers/Surveyors/Planners/Project Managers
- some of the positions we cover:
Environmental Engineers, Design Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, CAD Technicians, Traffic & Transport Engineers, Structural Engineers, Structural Draughtsman, Steelwork Draughtsman
Strata Construction Consulting UK Ltd can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants however due to the sheer volume of response, we can only guarantee that candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted