|Job Ref:||204741438||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:09|
Job title: Working Site Foreman/Manager|
Reports to: Relevant Contracts Manager
Salary: £35k - £50k DOE
The Site Foreman/Manager is an integral member of the team responsible for delivering interior fit-out projects in Travel Retail, High Street Retail, Leisure, & Commercial sectors of varying size & complexity. The Site Foreman/Manager is responsible for directing, organizing & controlling all onsite activities to ensure projects are completed on time, within the site regulations & guidelines, meeting building control and health & safety standards. Also that the project's objectives are met, the sub-contract trades are well managed & the quality of finish is never compromised.
Duties and responsibilities
• Preparing the site, assisting the contracts manager with site setting out/marking out.
• Oversee the day-to-day running operations of a building construction project.
• Sub-contractor management, responsibility of all people on-site.
• Having a good awareness of Health & Safety, enforcing this on site at all times.
• Completing method statements & risk assessments for the relevant site specific tasks.
• Any accidents that occur on site you'll share some of the responsibility for, & work out ways to prevent them happening again.
• You'll be working in a team which can vary in size, this will require good communication, people management & on site problem solving skills to ensure the project is not compromised.
• Must be able to work on their own initiative with a high level of self-motivation.
• Keep in close contact with all members of the project team particularly the site team at all times.
• Liaise regularly with the Contracts Manager to keep him informed of site progress etc.
• Attend site meetings as & when required.
• Track the progress & check the quality of work being performed by the various subcontract trades, with an eye for detail. Ensuring all works re complete before leaving site.
• The ability to follow technical drawings, plans & working in accordance with the project programme, making sure all copies on site are up-to-date.
• Ensure a high level of service is delivered to the customer at all phases of the contract.
• Maintain regular, consistent & professional relationships at all times with the client(s).
• Management of sub-contractors performance & put measures in place to address performance which is below expectations.
• Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive & constructive attitude, & for developing this attitude in others.
• Dealing directly with the Contracts Manager to ensure that you advise them of all materials & plant requirements for site in advance of when they are required so as to keep to the programme & completion deadline.
• It is the responsibility of the site manager to make sure that the deadline for completing work is met.
• Purchasing of materials as & when required.
• Perform any other duties as required from time to time in order to contribute to the achievement of the business aims & objectives.
• Being flexible with your working hours is expected in this role, to ensure the project is kept on schedule & completed on time. Certain projects require you to work unsociable hours because it's more convenient for the works to take place outside of busy times for the public & client.
Qualifications / Experience
• Interior fit-out / Retail / Shopfitting experience (£50k - £2m in value) - ESSENTIAL
• Minimum 3 years' experience as site foreman/manager of fit-out/Shopfitting projects - ESSENTIAL
• Experience in strip-out, fit-out, refurbishments, live & new build retail environments.
• Experience working with high end luxury clients - Preferred but not essential
• Trade Background, carpentry/joinery - ESSENTIAL
• Minimum Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations/Site Carpentry/Joinery - Preferred but not essential
• CSCS certified - ESSENTIAL
• SMSTS - Preferred but not essential
• First Aid - Preferred but not essential
• Asbestos Awareness - Desirable but not essential
• Construction qualification - HNC, degree qualified - Desirable but not essential
• Must provide references & copies of all certificates stated - ESSENTIAL
• Valid UK Driving license (Happy to travel) - ESSENTIAL
• Sound knowledge & use of Microsoft Office particularly Outlook, Word & Excel - ESSENTIAL
• Effective communication skills including verbal, written & presentation skills.
• Good personal presentation, as this is a client facing role.
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently & in a team based environment.
• Proven ability to work under pressure.
• Happy to undergo a Criminal Record Check as we complete works at airports in airside locations.
You may be required to attend various training courses to fulfill your role & continue with your personal & the company's development.
• The basic job role will be site based, you will be required to be flexible with your working hours & unsociable hours will be required to fulfill your role.
• You will be required to be physically fit, as this role is a working foreman/manager therefore it will require physical exertion to fulfill your role.
Package / Benefits
• Hourly paid
• Company Van
• Staying away allowance (accommodation and meal)
• Company Phone
• Company Pension
• Holiday - 21 days per year