|Job Ref:||204741614||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum Package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:10|
A tier 1 Civil Engineering contractor require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis. The client has been awarded with a £23m Design & Build scheme for Network Rail.|
The works are all in station or rail environments and are relatively low key in terms of complexity of construction. The works are spread over two separate rail routes heading North West and West of Reading, the central office will be in Reading. The scope is to generally modify existing stations with platform extensions, facilities alterations and some building works.
Within this role you would be responsible for, but not limited to, any of the following;
* Maintain subcontract/material procurement schedule
* In conjunction with delivery team, identify additional subcontract / materials supply packages and changes to programme dates.
* Issue subcontract / materials supply enquiries in compliance with Policies and Procedures
* Review and carry out commercial analysis of submitted subcontract/material quotations
* Make recommendations to the delivery team on best placed subcontract/supplier
* Previously worked as a Senior Quantity Surveyor
* Experience working on a major rail project is desirable
* Network rail experience is desirable
* Experience in using major forms of contract
* Hold a valid CSCS card.
The successful candidate will not only benefit from working with a main contractor on a major civil engineering scheme, but they will also benefit from working with a firm who prides on looking after their candidates. The client offers a competitive salary, great package and a competitive referral scheme.
If you are seeking a fresh challenge with a progressive company, apply now using the button below!
CarmichaelUK is an equal opportunities employer