|Job Ref:||204741670||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bridgwater||Address:||Post Code:||TA6||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:10|
Buyer/ Call Off Buyer|
Location: Hinkley Point C, Somerset
Kier at Hinkley Point C is seeking to recruit a Buyer. To work with the large sit team and joint venture partner to support the procurement team on site.
* Procure materials to specification and budget.
* Must have worked on major projects/highways/bridge construction
* Support Senior Buyer in procurement of Services.
* Maximise profitability and minimise risk.
* Collate issue, receive and review tenders and return quotations.
* Understand drawings, specifications and techniques.
* Chair scope and review meetings with supply chain and project operations/commercial team.
* Identify and resolve deficiencies in project documentation / information such as drawings and specifications.
* Identify items of financial / contractual implications and respond appropriately.
* Act as Champion in preferred relationships.
* Detailed knowledge of COINS.
* Support the purchasing strategy.
* Provide technical advice and support.
* Ensure regular communications and development of supplier relationships.
* Proven experience of procurement practices and processes on construction projects.
* Good level of education, ideally working towards the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (or equivalent).
* Computer skills (Microsoft packages).
* Working knowledge of COINS.
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
* Able to work to demanding deadlines.
* Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a head office at Tempsford Hall in Bedfordshire and a network of 88 UK offices (105 globally) Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer