|Job Ref:||204744694||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Huntingdon||Address:||Post Code:||PE29||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:10|
We have built our reputation in the Construction Industry, migrated our expertise and integrated our services to become the leading partner for Aggregate Supply, Waste Management & Recycling, Ready-Mixed Concrete, Earthworks and Demolition.
We embrace new technologies to work smarter and invest in the professional development of our people. The approach adopted throughout the business is to encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations.
Due to continued expansion and growth Mick George Ltd are currently recruiting for an ambitious and committed Quantity Surveyor to join our lively Contracting department based at our head office in Huntingdon. The Quantity Surveyor will be working alongside the Commercial Manager, maintaining high standards which the company has already established.
About the Role
• Accurately report the financial and contractual situation of the project
• Manage projects simultaneously.
• Check that contracts are agreed and are robust in order to achieve best value
• Measure and assess the work undertaken
• Preparation of contractual claims
• Give support and advice to site teams on commercial matters
• Financial and contractual needs of a contract are fully met.
• Providing the Client timely and accurate information
• To demonstrate an appropriate level of awareness and assist as part of the site team to ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
• Ensure standards for Considerate Contractors Scheme are maintained or exceeded.
Key Skills & Experience
• Degree/HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying with 3 - 5 years experience.
• Well organised, with great time management skills.
• Demolition or construction background.
• Experience within a contractor or subcontractor environment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledgeable on Quality Assurance procedures and company policies
• Knowledgeable on provisions of the Construction Act and other Contracts relating to suppliers and sub contractors