|Job Ref:||204744902||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Barbican||Address:||Salary:||£60000 - £80000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:10|
My client a highly successful award winning brickwork and scaffolding company based in London covering a variety of projects across London and the home counties.|
Due to further planned expansion, we currently have a requirement for an additional Quantity Surveyor to join our Commercial team.
Based at our offices in London and reporting directly to our Commercial Director and MD , you will be responsible for providing commercial and contractual administration of various projects, including identifying opportunities offering best value to the customer, maximising profitability and limiting commercial risk.
The main responsibilities for this role include;
• Attending pre-start meetings to negotiate and agree contractual terms
• Prepare newly secured projects for valuation purposes, utilising Strike software
• Process timesheets and carry our job cost analysis
• Report writing - including reporting on labour spend, productivity and direct cost against budgets
• Prepare and submit accurate, detailed and timely applications for payment, valuation of contract variations and compensations events
• Assist the finance team in the collection of payments in accordance with sub-contract terms, including the resolution of any disputed charges
• Prepare submit and agree final accounts
• Maintain and develop client relationships to secure further work opportunities
The ideal candidate for this position will be qualified HND/HNC. Individuals who are part qualified or are nearing the end of a degree in Quantity Surveying (or another relevant construction related qualification) will also be considered for this role.
The salary for this role will be dependent upon experience and qualification level.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of having excellent attention to detail and will also be able to demonstrate excellent communication and negotiation skills.
If you are interested in the position outlined above, are disciplined, self-motivated and commercially astute and you are interested in working for (and growing with) a successful business that values their staff as well as taking great pride in what they do, then we look forward to receiving your application