|Job Ref:||204746246||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North West London||Address:||Post Code:||NW1||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum car + package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:10|
Buyer - Civils Construction - Top Groundwork's contractor - NW London|
My clint is a well respected and leading groundwork's contractor in NW London. They are looking to bring in a Assistant Buyer/ Buyer to report into the Senior Buyer in their head office.
As Buyer you will be responsible for assisting with the procurement of materials and services across numerous business steams including communications, multi-utility and rail.
The ideal candidate for this role will have previous procurement experience, preferably within the construction sector. You will be computer literate and fully proficient in the use of Word, Excel and purchasing software.
* Drives cost down initiatives.
* Proactively manage the day to day relationship with suppliers including purchase order placement, order amendment and expediting orders where necessary.
* Resolving invoice queries.
* Tender support, preparation and analysis.
* Supplier Relationship Management, build strong relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
* Write concise reports and actions from above meetings. Resolve and progress issues under your remit.
* Assist with the management of framework & preferred supplier agreements.
* Engage and challenge stakeholders, influencing and driving new and innovative
Knowledge & key skills
* Computer literate, Word, Excel and purchasing software
* Methodical, a good organiser, excellent attention to detail.
* Task completer, a self-starter with a positive attitude.
* Excellent Communication skills.
* Excellent Influencing and Negotiation skills.
* Procurement experience within construction industry (preferably with a Civils background procuring goods and services in the following workstreams: -
* Multi-utility and General Civils
Salary is dependent on experience and is flexible for this role.
If you are interested in hearing more about the opportunity, please apply now or call/ email Charlotte Penrose on (Apply online only)/ (url removed)