|Job Ref:||204746484||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ireland - Cork||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:10|
We are looking for an experienced Safety Advisor to work on a large flood defence scheme in Co Cork.|
My client is an established, successful civil engineering company, working on various projects across Ireland, including flood defense schemes, bridge realignments, water supply schemes, road upgrades and improvements.
The successful candidate will have a HSE related degree or diploma, 5 years+ H&S site construction experience, a Health & Safety certification, experience of Site Audits and reporting, familiar with statutory provisions and HSE guidance and excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
Key duties will include:
• Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
• Advising / assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks
• Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
• Ensure that project specific Health & Safety Plan, including Risk Assessments specific to the project, are drawn up prior to the commencement of work.
• Conduct regular inspections and site audits, and report findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
• Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
• Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
Salary will be in the region of €50,000, depending upon experience and abilities