|Job Ref:||204746519||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£22000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:10|
Operations Managers - Coventry|
A global leader in their field is searching for motivated and talented individuals who are looking for the next step in their career ladder. The company want entrepreneurial and enthusiastic people who can think on their feet and use common sense to get the task at hand done. The ideal person will be able to speak with the general public as well as use trained technical acumen to make commercial decisions on the spot.
* To take responsibility for the management of all operational management within the specific site and/or department.
* Management of all staff on site
* Management of all visitors including customers, drivers and contractors when on site
* Ensure depot operations are operating within all relevant laws and licensing requirement and EMR Policy
* Ensure compliance by staff and visitors of all health, safety and environmental procedures and policies, assisted by the Regional Health and Safety and Environment Managers and the team of SHE Coordinators
* Demonstrate an understanding and compliance of all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations, and apply this knowledge to conduct audits of personnel and procedures
* Develop a detailed understanding of all EMR bespoke management systems including Total Compliance Management covering SHE systems and competence, finance/accounting/stock management systems and CCTV monitoring systems
* Develop a detailed understanding of all metal grades to UK specification but also understand the nuances of all sales customer requirements
* Ensure landed costs of material fall within authorised price boundaries
* Ensure material is graded and priced appropriately
* Develop a detailed understanding of all the various type of operations including typical ferrous and non-ferrous operations
* Develop a detailed understanding of all mobile and static plant to understand processing capabilities and maintenance requirements
* Monitor production of all static plant to ensure optimum utilization in line with KPI targets
* Work with Finance/Accounting staff to set budgets
* Manage profit and loss to achieve targets, including margin
* Daily analysis of margin and overhead to find efficiencies
* Overhead and margin forecasting and monitoring thereafter
* Overview of recruitment of staff and overseeing induction and training thereafter
* Disciplinary involvement where appropriate
* Project management - overseeing machine installations and civil construction projects
* Overseeing major maintenance projects and drawing up contracts
* Overseeing procurement in line with Group deals and challenge for better value solutions
* Maintain security of staff, product and sites
* Communicating with regulatory bodies such as Police, EA, HSE and HMRC
* Must be time flexible and able to work to the demands of the business.
* Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* High degree of independence
* Team player
* Highly motivated and a strategic thinker.
* Resourceful and entrepreneurial
* Extremely high standards and attention to detail
* Must have current driving license as widespread UK travel will be necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a true leader in their industry, with huge expansion plans, fantastic training and enviable retention of staff.
* Salary circa £22,000 to £26,000 per annum depending on experience (Potential increase up to £28,000.00 for someone with highly relevant industry experience)
* Company smartphone
* Basic annual salary, reviewed at 1 April each year
* Discretionary annual bonus paid at end of January each year
* Group life assurance at 2.5 x basic annual salary
* 23 days' annual leave, rising to 24 after 5 years' service & 25 days after 10 years' service
* Company sick pay paid at one week for each complete year worked, to a max of 12
* On successful completion of probationary period:
Pension: 1% employer contribution with a minimum of 1% required from the employee
To apply for the position of Operations Manager, please send your CV to Martin Smallshaw via the 'apply now' button.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Job interviews will be held over the next two to four weeks on a first come first serve basis, in line with industry and person relevance ***
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position