|Job Ref:||204744146||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:10|
We have built our reputation in the Construction Industry, migrated our expertise and integrated our services to become the leading partner for Aggregate Supply, Waste Management & Recycling, Ready-Mixed Concrete, Earthworks and Demolition.
We embrace new technologies to work smarter and invest in the professional development of our people. The approach adopted throughout the business is to encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations.
Due to continued expansion and growth Mick George Ltd are currently recruiting for an experienced and pro-active Concrete Plant Supervisor to join the team based at our site in Cowley Road, Cambridge.
About the Role
•To effectively operate a batching plant to the standards required by the company using laid down procedures
•To ensure the site, plant, buildings and equipment are kept in a clean and tidy condition and to maintain security at all times
•To receive customer's enquiries and orders in a polite and courteous manner, maintaining the company image to the highest standard
• To ensure that the companies cash sale procedure is fully complied with and that all transactions are fully reconciled and receipted before handing over to colleagues for banking
• To maintain accurate materials/stock dates as required by national procedures and in doing so minimise the number of discrepancies/anomalies at each month end
• To ensure that all technical testing required for the production of concrete at the plant is carried out to the correct standards and timescales
• To supervise other staff and drivers at the plant so as to ensure optimum productivity without compromising health and safety, environmental, or QA standard
• To ensure all visitors sign the visitors section of plant inspection sheet and undertake to comply whilst on site with all our procedures and legislative requirements at all times
• To maintain awareness/ compliance with the companies' health and safety and environmental policies and communicate perceived/ known no conformances immediately to the appropriate department head.
Key Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of site specific SHE procedures and rules
• Industry and market knowledge
• Working knowledge of concrete production, plant and materials
• Great communication skills
• Ability to plan organise and prioritise own work load
• Composure under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent IT Literacy
• Good commercial acumen
• Strong customer focus