|Job Ref:||204743840||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North East||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £50000/annum Car, Pension, Health Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:15|
Our client are one of the UKs leading construction and maintenance firms with a nationwide presence in a variety of sectors. Currently they are looking for a QS to join their team to be based in the North East working on Water/Civils projects.|
The responsibilities of the role is to ensure the successful financial completion of projects, protecting the exposure of the Company to financial risks, together with adherence to the commercial procedures of the Business.
If successful, your duties will include:
• Subcontract procurement from initial enquiry to placement of order;
• Financial management of subcontractor account from commencement on site to negotiation and agreement of final account;
• Preparation of monthly application for payment to the client and ensuring timeous certification and payment;
• Preparation of monthly cost value reconciliation report;
• Preparation of monthly cost and value to complete forecast in conjunction with Site Manager;
• Preparation of final accounts;
• Assist in cost and risk management;
• Develop supply chain relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors for the benefit of the project and future contract;
• To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
To be considered for the role, you must have the following Knowledge skills & experience
• BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying (or part completed);
• Comprehensive experience in a similar position with a medium to major size Civil Engineering Contractor;
• Possesses experience on challenging and diverse projects with major clients e.g. LUL, Highways England, Water Companies, Petro/Chem;
• Possesses experience working on a Framework or in a collaborative environment;
• Good decision maker;
• Sound commercial/contractual knowledge;
• Experience using NEC family of contracts;
• Good team player;
• Sound safety theoretical and practical knowledge/experience;
• Good communicator orally/written.
The salary on offer is up to £50,000 per annum as well as a company car/allowance, generous pension scheme and various health benefits.
For more details please mark your application for the attention of Andrew Halliday or call the office on (Apply online only).
BCS Recruitment is a sector specific recruitment business and recruits blue and white collar personnel to environments such as Highways & Traffic Management, Land Remediation & Preparation, Earthworks, Drainage, Utilities & Infrastructure, Power & Sub Stations, Land Fill & Quarries