|Job Ref:||204743557||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£60000 - £85000/annum +Car/Car Allowance+Pension+Health Ca||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:10|
Bid Manager, Milton Keynes|
Our Client is seeking a Bid Manager. The company are a National Building Contractor who work on Government, Healthcare, Aviation, Commercial, Education, Industrial, Retail and Custodial Schemes. Project values range from £10m - £100m.
They are seeking a Bid Manager to be based in their head office. The company are at the forefront of delivery of large complex projects and they apply an innovative approach, good management and specialist pre-construction skills in order to ensure their success.
The person im looking for...
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of bidding regulations and sustainable codes and have an appreciation of sector guidance documents. You will have a good understanding of tender processes and possess strong interpersonal skills, as well as programme, commercial and contractual awareness to effectively manage the tender process.
Key duties include;
* Oversee all bids within the department to ensure consistent content, message and presentation
* Ensure all bids have a win strategy that is communicated to all team members and reflected in the submission
* Manage specific bids from receipt of tender documentation to handover to the production team
* Lead the tender team at Bidders Conferences, Mid-term interviews and post tender interviews as required
* Develop a strategy for winning each individual bid. This should include, but not be limited to, quality, design development, innovation, supply chain, financial & legal response
* Hold launch meetings & regular review meetings with the bid team to ensure that the bid is on course
* Lead production of the bid document in both electronic and hard copy formats. Supervise administration & graphic design staff working on the document. Liaise with external printers & graphic designers as required
* Manage final negotiations leading to Contract signing
Experience & Qualifications:
* Applicants will preferably possess a relevant degree and / or membership of a recognised construction body (CIOB, ICE)
* Experience of bid management and bid co-ordination on design and build and traditional contract forms at tender and construction stages is essential
* Proven success in winning bids/tenders, ideally from within the Construction industry
* Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation/communication skills
* High quality presentational skills and ability to present to a varied audience including clients, design team supply chain and internally
* Track record of successfully managing multiple bids
If this sounds like you and you'd like to find out to be considered for this role, then please contact;
Tom Bill at PSR Solutions on (Apply online only) or email