|Job Ref:||204742020||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chatham||Address:||Post Code:||ME5||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum car allowance + package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:11|
Senior Site / Project Manager|
Permanent | £50,000 - £65,000 + car allowance + package
This regional developer has secured an exciting project with a Housing Association on a project in mid-Kent.
The developer has already sold the properties to the HA so is now acting as principal contractor to the client.
This 60 week project comprises 110no units of modular construction and would suit a Senior Site / Project Manager that has timber frame experience and a track record of working with a Housing Association.
In short, the company builds the pods off site, then when groundworks and foundations are in; they deliver and crane in the pods. 3-storey houses, 3 pods to a house.
This is the company's first involvement with this HA so is very important for long-term relationships, and will hopefully offer them accreditation moving forward.
There is also a substation to be moved.
The Senior Site / Project Manager would be expected to liaise with the factory, manage the programme, liaise with the HA and be prepared to expect an extensive amount of paperwork.
You will be the No 1 on site accompanied by an experienced QS so will be expected to lead the team, programme, schedule, sub-contractors and client to completion.
Be part of an overall larger team involved in the manufacture and supply of prefabricated / pre manufactured units aimed mainly at the housing sector. The applicant will have proven experience as a project manager with a good appreciation and understanding of construction and ideally in Offsite manufacture. You will take control of the Project management and to make sure the job gets completed within the timescales and budgets set. You will have to liaise with the client, members of the design team and the production team. Ability to work within a team and to work on own initiative.
* The ability to plan and organise own workload and organisation of multiple concurrent tasks and projects
* Organising the various professional people working on the project.
* Design awareness & making sure the aims of the project are met
* Implementation of best working practices
* Aiding in the preparation of payment applications and final accounts
* Managing sub-contractors to ensure quality guidelines are met.
* Knowledge of health and safety requirements and ability to apply them on site
* To delegate, appraise and optimise project teams from internal support to external contractors
* Logical approach to problem solving to deliver workable solutions
Qualifications / Experience:
* Proven Project management and supervisory experience and good influencing skills
* Degree in relevant discipline Engineering / Manufacturing (or similar) desirable or equivalent experience
* Experience in working in a fast paced environment where priorities constantly change
* Understand written or verbal instruction.
* Understand mathematical and numerical data.
* Able to demonstrate leadership
* Valid CSCS card
* Able to communicate with clients and management level
* Good Practical Skills
* Decision making
* Creative and innovative, capability to problem solve while considering the impact on their areas of the business
* Physically capable of performing required function / task
* An organised approach to work
* Ability to follow technical drawings and plans
* Computer literate
* Exceptional organisation skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you would like to apply for this Senior Site / Project Manager position, please email an update CV or call me on NA