|Job Ref:||204741740||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bridgwater||Address:||Post Code:||TA6||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:11|
Location: Hinkley Point C, Somerset
Kier at Hinkley Point C is seeking to recruit a Quality Manager. To work with the large sit team and joint venture partner to establish and ensure the effective implementation of the Quality Management System, compliance with contract
quality requirements and the compilation of records to demonstrate the conformity of the works.
* Ensuring that an effective Quality Management System is established, implemented and maintained at all levels.
* Liaise with the DIO'S quality representative to ensure full agreement and understanding of the project quality requirements and handover compliance requirements.
* Providing an independent channel of communication on quality matters, initiating necessary action to resolve deficiencies and ensuring satisfactory solutions have been achieved.
* Ensuring Audits are undertaken in accordance with the Audit Schedule and that any adverse findings, including those raised by others, are closed out in a timely manner.
* Undertake Quality Audits Inspection for identified Suppliers.
* Reviewing and evaluating Inspection & Test plans including those of sub-contractors prior to the commencement of work activities, the ongoing monitoring of construction records and review and acceptance of the completed quality record packages.
* Providing guidance and assistance on Quality matters.
* Providing site training/mentoring on the requirements of the Quality Management System.
* Assist the Project Managers in the setting of project objectives and targets to measure and monitor quality performance and encourage the philosophy of Continuous Improvement.
* Encouraging feedback from all employees and sub-contractors on possible areas of improvement and investigating the benefit of any employee recommendations regarding Quality matters.
* Reviewing Non-conformance reports to identify any apparent trends and providing timely reports on NCR status and trends to the Project Managers and the company Quality Manager.
* Degree in civil Engineering
* Knowledge of earthworks projects
* Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of quality control activities.
* Computer literate.
* Achievement of or working towards professional quality qualification
* ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Trained
* Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Driving Licence.
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a head office at Tempsford Hall in Bedfordshire and a network of 88 UK offices (105 globally) Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer