|Job Ref:||204740348||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum + package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:11|
Quantity Surveyor | £45,000 - £55,000 + car allowance / package | Permanent | Hertfordshire|
A leading Regional Main Contractor that build, refurbish and regenerate homes and communities across the UK have an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis, based from their offices near Watford in Hertfordshire.
The company are an innovative and ambitious business that combine their industry expertise and unrivalled local knowledge to help transform communities and leave a lasting legacy everywhere they work.
Due to an increase in workload, they are looking to bring in a Quantity Surveyor to support the commercial team, assisting in the day to day financial and cost control on one or more developments, from inception through to completion of client and sub-contract final accounts.
They are looking to bring in Quantity Surveyors to work on a number of projects including a £100m development in Dagenham comprising over 400 units which is due to be completed next summer, as well as a long term urban renewal scheme in Slough.
• Effective commercial control of all allocated projects/developments including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the Surveying timetable, in particular PPRs, all elemental reconciliations, cash flow forecasts, etc.
• Establishment of appropriate targets/rates and re-measurement/evaluation of labour only/direct labour outputs
• Effective cash management including pursuit of timely Applications / Certification / Invoices / internal notices and receipts, careful administration of subcontractor accounts, at all times being cognisant of the need to cultivate effective / longstanding relationships and promote dispute avoidance
• Keeping the Managing Surveyor informed of the progress of all accounts both Client and Sub-contract through to finalisation, including, the release of retentions
• Ensuring, in conjunction with the Managing Surveyor that payments / notices are effected in accordance with the Sub-contract and Construction Act and in particular, ensure any commercial threats to Projects are identified swiftly and communicated to the Managing Surveyor
• Contract Administration - attending monthly project and client meetings and ensuring that surveying information and cost advice is provided in an accurate and proficient manner
• Where required, ensuring that the procurement of sub-traders and suppliers is undertaken in a timely and cost effective manner in liaison with the Managing Surveyor, ensuring that packages are robust and buying gain is optimised
• Timely production of the Main / Subcontract Final Accounts, including re-measurement as necessary to facilitate the optimum result, evaluation of all variations a loss and/or expense issues
Quantity Surveyor Criteria:
• Track record working for a reputable main contractor or residential developer
• Experience working on large residential developments
• Excellent commercial skills and awareness
• Full Driving License
• Able to commute to Hertfordshire on a daily basis (near Watford)
If you are a Quantity Surveyor and you are interested in the role, please apply with an updated CV or call Rob on (Apply online only)