|Job Ref:||204740199||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||West London||Address:||Post Code:||W1||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:12|
Position: Managing Surveyor|
Location: West London
Salary: £Excellent + Package
My client is a main contractor that specialises in the residential sector in the construction industry. They have an annual turnover of over £250m and employee over 500 people. They are a cash rich upwardly mobile firm that are looking to grow their business substantially over the next 5 years. As such this is the perfect time to be joining the firm with lots of opportunity for fast career progression on offer within the business as the company expands and as management always look to talent within the business first to help meet demand.
This role is working for their New Build Residential Division. The work conducted out of this office will be entirely new build residential projects ranging from £10 to £70m.
You will be overseeing 4 new housing schemes in West London. There will be a senior or project surveyor running the day to day commercial functions of each site reporting in to you. The total value of the schemes you will be responsible for will be circa £50m.
To provide management of the commercial team during the projects, optimising the projects` net profitability and cash performance. You will also be responsible for leading and managing on matters relating to Client Contract & Value. In addition you will advise on the Procurement of Subcontractors and all Contractual & Financial management of Subcontractors.
You will be required to lead in the identification and management of risks and opportunities. Provide accurate reports and forecasts of activity and net margin in accordance with company procedures.
Furthermore your team working abilities will be utilised as you collaborate with the spate site teams & keep the Commercial manager briefed on key issues and concerns.
You will also develop and manage commercial team members.
Provide accurate forecasts of activity and net margin
- Attend all relevant Project meetings as required
- Advise senior management on commercial and contractual position under main contract.
- Advise on the valuation and final account process.
- Advise on the administration of subcontract agreements.
- Lead on the resolution of disputes above an agreed level.
- Comply with monthly reporting cycle.
- Lead on, engage in and provide commercial information for objective point review meetings.
- Ensure that all projects adhere to the financial rules of reporting.
- Undertake appraisals and make recommendations to line management over staff-related issues.
- Lead on performance management issues.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety safe working practices are observed at all times
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures
- To follow the Company`s Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Group, at a level appropriate to the position
- Residential experience and or JCT DB (Joint Venture Contract Design & Build) is very much a preference.
- Ability to display good leadership skills
- Remains calm under pressure
- Having strong commercial awareness and a focus on results
- Having deep technical, legal and commercial knowledge
- Creates and maintains strong relationships internally and externally
- RICS / CIOB professional membership
- Management of multiple projects
- Previous experience on high value £20mil+ projects/ schemes
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on (Apply online only) or alternatively please send in a CV