|Job Ref:||204740086||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum + package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:12|
Trainee Quantity Surveyor | £20,000 - £25,000 + package | Permanent | Hertfordshire|
A leading Regional Main Contractor that build, refurbish and regenerate homes and communities across the UK have an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis, based from their offices near Watford in Hertfordshire.
The company are an innovative and ambitious business that combine their industry expertise and unrivalled local knowledge to help transform communities and leave a lasting legacy everywhere they work.
Due to an increase in workload, they are looking to bring in a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to support the commercial team, assisting in the day to day financial and cost control on one or more developments, from inception through to completion of client and sub-contract final accounts.
• Consistent provision of timely and accurate documentation/outputs to a given timetable, as directed by the SQS/MQS responsible
• Assisting in project cost control procedures in particular, re-measurement of the works/variations, inventories of stocks and evaluation of the interim/Final Account
• Assisting in and obtaining an understanding of effective management of cash, including careful administration of allocated sub-contractor accounts as directed by SQS/QS, at all times cognisant of the need to cultivate effective/longstanding relationships and promote dispute avoidance
• Assisting SQS/QS as required, in the Main and Subcontract Final Account process
• Assisting in the compilation and/or maintenance of sub-contract database/details, e.g. CIS/Insurances, etc.
• Attending, observing and participating as required with other members of the project team, internal and external, in such as progress meetings, etc.
• Form and develop relationships with PQS and Design Team, supply chain and the internal project teams
• Ensure the majority of work completed is accurate and free from errors (if you are not sure on anything the team is always willing to offer guidance)
• Degree/HNC/HND qualified or working towards a formal qualification
• Knowledge and understanding of measurement and valuation
• Commercial skills to maximise value recovery
• Understanding of Cost control
• Knowledge and understanding of administration of contract records
• Knowledge of construction
• Knowledge and understanding of contractual obligations
• Efficient at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
If you are a Trainee Quantity Surveyor and you are interested in the role, please apply with an updated CV or call Rob on (Apply online only)