|Job Ref:||204739984||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barnet||Address:||Post Code:||EN5||Salary:||£75000 - £80000/annum Benefits package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:12|
Our client is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy who specialise in the building design, real estate, civil engineering, environment, transport and management sectors. They are looking to recruit a Head of Building Control, who will head up the team in their Barnet office. This role will also involve travelling to project sites/premises and other offices when required. Recently the company signed long term contracts with two local organisations aiming to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work.
Our client is seeking a talented and well qualified individual who is keen to play a key role in the growth and successful delivery of their Building Control Business. You will lead and manage a comprehensive, effective and efficient Building Control and Structures service that strives to deliver a high quality and customer focussed service to clients.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* To lead in the development of a dynamic service by managing and initiating changes to the service that reflects the needs of our existing and potential clients.
* To make a positive contribution to the development of, and support to, the delivery of the public and corporate objectives and values, whilst encouraging an environment of continuous improvement.
* To lead a team with a wide range of skills and will be expected to ensure the local authority discharges its delegated powers and duties, as required under the Building Regulations, Building Act and associated legislation, all within National and Local prescribed performance standards.
Qualifications / Experience:
* Corporate Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), or Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE), or Chartered Institute of Builders (CIOB) or a similar professional body
* Management or leadership related qualification desirable
* Excellent knowledge of the Building Acts and Building Regulations
* Local Authority Building Control-Working knowledge of LABC initiatives
* Expert knowledge and successful experience of enforcement procedures, prosecutions and remedial action to effectively remedy Building Control regulatory
* Experience of dealing with safety certification under the Safety at Sports Grounds Act 1975 and Fire Safety and Safety of Places of Sport Act 1987