|Job Ref:||204739938||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||South West London||Address:||Post Code:||SW1||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:12|
£50,000 - £60,000
London - South West
My client is a privately owned expanding construction company and now seeking an experienced Estimator to join their busy estimating team.
You will be tendering projects based from their head office in South West London. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and motivated individual who will work directly under the Senior Estimator/Commercial Director. The work is both interesting and diverse, covering a broad spectrum of the marketplace with key focus on cut and carve schemes with associated extensive refurbishment works primarily across the commercial, retail, residential and historical sectors with project values ranging from £1m up to £12M. Works are often on historical listed properties.
The successful Estimator will need to have the following:
* Knowledge with all JCT contracts
* A demonstrable knowledge of commercial projects is a must
* Central London experience with listed building experience
* Small structural experience
* Experience with RC Frames, Basements and fit out and refurb
* 1st principle estimating
* Detailed knowledge and experience of London sub-contractors
* Strong client facing as you will be carrying out repeat work with key clients
Your responsibilities and duties:
* Preparing tender documents
* Break down specifications and drawings into subcontract packages. Send out subcontract enquiries and obtain prices for the work
* Analysis of subcontract prices
* Liaise with client teams to obtain access and RFI responses during tender period
* Organisation and attendance of site visits and reviews
* Taking off for 'In House' trades, prepare fully quantified and accurate build ups using first principles through conquest estimating software
* Co-ordinating sub contractor's tenders for works as outlined in the tender invitations, understanding sub-contractor's methods of pricing works, S/C reconciliation/taking off and comparisons
* Factoring into tenders the most up to date methods of Health and safety systems for construction sites.
* Identifying structural and temporary works required in order to carry out the works, incorporating a suitable method of construction to carry out these works and responsible for costing these works using first principles.
* Contribute to the construction of outline tender programmes (Asta programmes created by others)
* Preparation of tender analysis for Director Adjudication.
* Carry out post tender negotiations with Directors and client team
* Preparation and presentation of tender submissions at post tender interviews.
* Preparation of tender handover with members of the pre and post contract team
What you need to bring:
* Demonstrable experience with working on and securing successful cut and carve and refurbishment schemes
* Understanding of London marketplace
* Have a degree in Quantity Surveying
* Have a good understanding of Construction Contracts particularly JCT FOC's
* Be computer literate
* Be a good communicator and team player.
* Be flexible in approach.
* Excellent communication skills
* Must be IT proficient - MS Excel, Word etc
* Conquest experience an advantage
* Be self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative or part of a team
* Stable career history
On offer for the successful Estimator is up to £60,000 dependant on experience.
If you would like to be considered for the role then please call Jason Fiori on (Apply online only) or send your CV