|Job Ref:||204739852||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:12|
Carbon60 are currently recruiting a Facilities Technician for one of our prestigious client based in Guilford.|
To carry out reactive, proactive and preventative maintenance in a safe, responsible and efficient manner. Tasks will include the need for electrical, mechanical and fabric proficiency together with a flexible "can do" approach.
Purpose of the Role:
The maintenance, repair and improvement of building fabric, services and systems. Productive and efficient use of time to undertake planned and re-active maintenance.
* Completion of planned and preventative maintenance tasks assigned within competency levels.
* Where competent, basic electrical fault identification, (including, but not limited to) light fittings (includes emergency lights), lamp replacement, safe installation and inspection of electrical equipment, low voltage electrical distribution systems.
* Where competent, undertake portable appliance testing.
* Water hygiene statutory maintenance tasks, such as: temperature reading, descaling, sampling and testing and associated tasks to comply with L8 ACoP.
* Operation of fault diagnosis for the Building Management System (BMS).
* Maintain Company issued tools, equipment, PPE to a safe and good working order of condition.
* Maintain stocks of critical spares and other stock pertaining to responsibilities.
* The accurate completion of all task sheets or appropriate soft copy/electronic equivalent with relevant information.
* To be a focal point for proactive service delivery to all aspects of the building and plant maintenance.
* To undertake "out of hours" site attendance as part of the on-call rota for emergency call out.
* To proactively seek and remedy building defects in a timely and professional manner.
* To build professional relationships with all stakeholders (client and own team).
* To proactively seek to enhance personal skill set with the aim of improved service.
* Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management in order to meet the operational requirements of the business.
* Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or "What it will look like when you are doing the job well"
* Planned maintenance - all planned maintenance delivered in line with completion deadlines particularly any mandatory or statutory PPMs.
* Reactive Maintenance - delivered within required contractual completion deadlines (SLA).
* Proactive Maintenance - proactive approach is essential, any necessary maintenance related to the planned and reactive tasks to be scheduled and recorded (via helpdesk / Maximo) as appropriate.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Essential / Preferred:
* IEE 17th edition BS7671 regulations qualification/training
* Together with quantifiable training and/or experience/qualifications in either:
* HVAC (air-conditioning, which may include split unit maintenance, Plumbing, Building fabric maintenance
* Previous engineering training together with adequate experience and desire to achieve 17th Edition within twelve months of taking up the position
* Electrical City and Guilds installation or building/facilities maintenance qualification together with quantifiable training and/or experience/qualifications in either:
Be willing to:
* Under take all necessary training to develop multi skills as required
* Assist any other trade as and when required
* Provide additional support over and above any hours already worked within a working day to assist colleagues and ensure any threat to site security/operation is minimised (e.g. a, flood occurs at the end of shift, but the team remain on site to clear etc.)
* Use own initiative to carry out work safely and effectively under own initiative without constant close supervision
* Work within Safe Systems of Work
* Be part of a helpful, pro-active building and facilities team that will responsibly communicate with members of the client and own team
* Have a positive, up-beat communicative attitude
* Have good attention to detail
* Carry out all reasonable tasks as directed by management in order to meet the operational requirements of the business
If you would like to make a difference and have experience working within a similar role then we would like to hear from you!
As a successful candidate you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
To apply - Please SEND your CV to Adrienn Turoczi OR CALL NA
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency