|Job Ref:||204746498||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£200 - £230/day competitive||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
Network Engineer - Manchester - 3-6 month Contract - £(Apply online only) / day|
Your purpose is to work within the network team to implement and maintain customer focused provision of network services across the site using the latest networking technologies. Your primary objective is to design specify and implement a fully resilient stable network across the university with an emphasis on wireless networking.
To provide technical leadership on significant IT projects, reviewing and enhancing service provision and taking an active role in team development, helping IT Services in its mission to enhance the experience of the community by providing excellent information and communication technology services to support learning, research and enterprise.
* Understand the issues of maintaining network security
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of individuals including written reports
* A good attention for detail and accuracy
* Excellent wireless networking knowledge including: the latest network wireless technologies, planning and specification
* The management, support and development of a large, high speed data network
* Excellent all-round judgement and communication skills (both verbal and written) and a good personal manner
* Display excellent project management skills
* You will be competant in LAN and WAN technologies to a high standard and have good knowledge in the following:
* Switching and routing technologies.
* Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF and BGP)
* DNS, DHCP
* Network Monitoring
* Wired and Wireless design and implementations
* Fibre and UTP cable
Please send your latest CV with a short cover letter detailing your suitability or call me on (Apply online only) 77 77.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit (url removed)
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales