|Job Ref:||204746167||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£25000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
VIQU Ltd have partnered with a reputable and an established IT provider in the Midlands who are going through growth in their technical teams. Due to restructure and multi-year contracts that required high level of advisory and services they require a dedicated support individual with networking experience.|
The role will entail various areas of support at post level in maintaining, upgrading and configuring Cisco technologies. The successful candidate will get involved in support and implementation projects.
As a Network specialist you will have worked with:
* Cisco and Juniper
* Demonstrable knowledge of Cisco switches/routers & firewalls
* Demonstrable knowledge of Juniper switches/routers & firewalls
* Network and Equipment management: VLAN/VPN configuration, access control, Firewalls and VPN, analysing networks, and core connectivity.
The role will entail supporting other infrastructure technologies such as but not limited to:
* Experience with VMware
* Enterprise Storage (e.g. NetApp, Dell EqualLogic)
* Microsoft Exchange.
The Successful candidate will:
* Work with customers to define technical requirements
* Support team members in knowledge transfer
* Configuration and Installation of storage solutions
* Strong customer delivery across multiple clients
* Effectively manage and work major incidents including the documentation of the incident on a Major Incident Report (MIR). Ensure exceptional customer communications during business down situations and complete root cause analysis, making recommendations that prevent reoccurrences.
* Act as a point of escalation within the department for technical issues, working alongside and feeding back resolutions to staff who escalate cases.
This role is offering a competitive package of £38,000 + benefits + specialist training and excellent progression.
The company are offering a competitive package with excellent benefits with fantastic office space.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please contact Matt Coombs by phone on (Apply online only) or send your complete CV to
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU are offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has started work with our client! (Terms apply)
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow VIQU IT Recruitment on LinkedIn; and Twitter; @VIQU_UK