|Job Ref:||204745941||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rugby||Address:||Salary:||£22000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
Software Support Engineer |
£22,000 + parking, pension, rising holiday
Due to continued growth this global organisation in Rugby is seeking an additional member to their Support Team to provide 1st and 2nd line support on primarily software but also occasionally hardware.
* Confident user of Desktop and Web based systems.
* Confident user of Microsoft Windows and Windows Office.
* 3 years' experience in a customer service environment.
* Knowledge of SQL Server preferred
* A team player who works with others to resolve customer problems.
* 2 years' experience of software and hardware fault identification and resolution.
* Confident in delivering content to individuals and small classes.
* Additional EU languages would be of benefit: German or Italian - desirable but not essential.
* Taking calls and responding to email requests
* Logging calls on in-house ticket management system
* Investigate problems and deliver resolutions in a prompt and timely fashion for hardware and software based enquiries.
* Liaising with customers to establish their system requirements and providing practical solutions.
* Utilising independent and creative problem solving skills to assist in technical troubleshooting and analysis.
* Conducting technical based training sessions.
* Undertaking Support Team administrative functions.
* Out of Hours Support Service - On Call Rota
* Providing on-site assistance and backup for our team of experienced field-based Installation & Support Engineers.
Whilst the role is primarily office based; all team members will undertake occasional visits to customer sites, giving, allowing them to grow their product knowledge; in turn helping them to deliver first rate customer support. Visits to customer sites are unlikely to account for more than 1.5 days per working week over the course of a calendar year. The role will develop and increase in responsibility once the candidate has more knowledge and experience of the products.
When applying; please make sure you include a contact email and telephone number, as well as your required salary, notice period and whether or not you have transport. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd is an established Recruitment Consultancy, Surrey-based, providing a full recruitment solution of temporary and permanent staff within the Surrey and Hampshire area, over 4 divisions: Accountancy & Finance; Sales & Marketing; Commercial & Office; IT & Executive. For more permanent, contract or temporary job opportunities in the Guildford, Farnham, Farnborough, Camberley, Weybridge, Woking, Staines and West Byfleet areas please check our website. You must reside in UK and be able to produce evidence of eligibility to work in UK. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to permanent roles