|Job Ref:||204745402||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£22 - £24/hour||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
Are you an experienced User Experience Researcher? Do you want to work with a global, market leading company? Are you excited by technology and keep up to date with latest IT trends and tools? If yes, continue reading and apply today!|
The User Experience (UX) team follows a simple premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." UX Researchers strive to learn what they need and want from our products and services. As a UX Researcher, you will conduct independent research, analyse real user behaviour and work with interaction designers, product manager and engineers to improve our product features and develop new ones. Your work will focus on one of our emerging product categories. We strive to connect users to the magic of our products, and your job is to make that connection intuitive and accessible.
Your work will focus on mobile search, working with a fast-moving and passionate team to explore and quickly iterate on potential feature concepts. The team is dedicated to delivering mobile search experiences that are intuitive, accessible and tailored to our users - regardless of their location, level of experience or infrastructure constraints. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for this space and wants to use research insights and resultant recommendations to help drive product development forward.
* Arrange, schedule and undertake lab-based user research sessions
* Prepare recruitment criteria, testing scripts and associated documentation
* Present research findings and recommendations to project stakeholders through written reports and oral presentations.
* Work closely with the design team for iterative user testing
* Work closely other researchers within the wider Search organisation
* Turn user insights into actionable recommendations
* Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
* Organise and participate in design sprints and workshops
* BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of work experience in an applied research setting
* Strong track-record in undertaking lab-based studies and synthesising/reporting findings in an engaging and actionable manner
* Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, organisational and collaboration skills.
* Understanding of, or experience in, undertaking research with remote participants.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy