|Job Ref:||204745153||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Reigate||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
Position: Senior Automation Test Analyst |
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus
Job Type: Full Time
Our company client is a well respected organisation who are actively seeking to appoint a dynamic and experienced Senior Automation Test Analyst to join their growing team based in Surrey. This is an exciting opportunity for career progression.
Major duties for this role will involve as follows:
* Lead the testing on IT projects, help reduce delivery times by shaping, leading and delivering an automation focused test strategy. These projects may be developed using either an agile or waterfall model so experience of both of these processes is essential.
* Liaise and work with the business development team to create a strategy for moving towards a dev ops model of continuous build and test.
* Coach Team members, set objectives, recommend training and assist Test Manager with career development of staff. Manage performance of team members.
* Develop and maintain a suite of automation test packs that can be used to assist the test team in all areas of testing.
* Actively look for opportunities to use automation as early as possible In IT projects to increase productivity of the test team. Promote the use of automation within the business by for example running demonstrations and providing help guides.
* Manage automation development work. Provide estimates, plan tasks and track progress against plans.
* Define and enforce the development standards to be adopted by automation analysts.
* Organise the maintenance of an automation regression test pack using a mixture of tools and techniques as appropriate. Work with project managers and testers to ensure that regression test pack is kept up to date.
* Ensure that the tools and automation assets are clearly and comprehensively documented at all times.
* Design, develop and implement the automation approach and test scripts. Supervise and train team members in the use of automation tools. Contribute to and define the automation strategy required for each Project. Create automation scripts in programming mode and custom functions and maintain updates to the scripts and object repository.
* When instructed install, customize and administer functional and non-functional tools. Troubleshoot any issues encountered, evaluate and perform upgrades on any of the tools in the Mercury test suite with conjunction with suppliers.
* Work closely with system and user acceptance testers to agree the automation element of the test strategy on particular projects. Look for opportunities to add value to a particular project by using automation tools, for example by automating repetitive tasks.
Decision making authority:
* Recommend to the test manager the assignment of automation team members to project test teams id necessary. Assign tools and automation team members to automation development tasks.
* Assist the Test Manager with recruitment.
* Assist the Test Manager with recommendations for software, services and consultancy for Testing.
Background and abilities required:
* At least 5 years experience of working with test automation.
* Excellent understanding of the testing life cycle with experience of using various Automation testing tools which must include QTP or UFT. Experience of HP Quality Centre and Selenium, while not essential would be useful.
* Excellent understanding and experience of using test automation on both agile and waterfall.
* Proven experience of using automation during the test phase of IT projects.
* This approach must include defining the approach test strategy as well as writing and executing automation scripts.
* Proven experience of Systems Testing. Experience of Non Functional Testing would be helpful. Experience of defining test approaches, test plans and test scripts is very important as well as experience of developing, executing and checking automated testing, writing reports and defect management.
* Experience in working in an environment where Dev ops practices are implemented would be helpful. Knowledge and experience of working with continuous build and test processes would also be helpful.
* Strong delivery focus, with proven experience of co-ordinating and delivering Testing for specific Projects and dealing with changes to scope and timing.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to interpret and present information in an understandable way.
* Understanding of architecture / design aspects of application systems.
Excellent practical experience of either of the following is essential:
If you have the relevant experience and skills for this role, please send your CV by clicking Apply Now