|Job Ref:||204745087||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Harrow||Address:||Salary:||£55000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
To take a lead role in software development projects and provide strategies to support the development tasks that will create robust and extensible systems. To attain a high level of business awareness and understanding of the business needs for the software under development. To mentor and supervise other developers and third parties to ensure the software developed meets the required specification. Produce test plans and apply peer reviews to code in line with the software release procedure. Prior to development, review the proposed solution with other developers and decide the best approach and architecture.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Development of new applications as defined by the business.
Modification and enhancement of existing business applications.
Act as lead developer on software development projects which will include:
• Architecting solutions that meet the business needs
• Implementing the coding standard and best practise model for the project
• Mentor developers within the team
• Technical management of third party consultants
Capable of working on a number of different projects at any one time, which will require:
• Expert time management
• Excellent communication with IT Development Manager and the business about project status
To anticipate problems and address them in a positive manner offering solutions.
To lead research projects on new software and applications to assess the suitability for the business.
Liaise with the IT Support team to assist in the resolution of problems with software applications.
Design and oversee software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, highlighting areas of improvement and general debugging.
Conduct critical analysis of test results to deliver robust business solutions.
Creating realistic estimates for the duration of development activities and projects and communicating this back into Senior Management to enable accurate project planning and forecasting.
Knowledge & Experience
Expert level of knowledge in a number of programming languages which includes but is not limited to:
C#, Transact SQL,
Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practises.
Extensive Microsoft SQL Server database knowledge including TSQL.
Experience of working with Business Analysts or key stakeholders within the business to define functionality or assist in problem resolution.
Experience of working to tight deadlines and monitoring development progression against the project plan.
Experience of developing and implementing test plans to thoroughly test software.
• Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Expert in software application development using a variety of languages based around Microsoft .net technology including c# .
Expert in developing transact SQL code for Microsoft SQL server. Experience of developing workflow solutions using case management systems, for example Mattersphere.
Minimum of 5 years development experience at Senior Developer level taking a lead role in development projects involving multiple developers.
Mentoring and supervision of developers within the team or project Experience in the legal sector developing software applications and solutions.
education/training Graduate in an IT related subject or Microsoft qualification in software development.
Requirement to travel to offices within the office network