|Job Ref:||204744377||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
Strategic Business Manager |
Location(s): London OR Basingstoke
Salary: up to £60k base (dependent on experience) £90K OTE (uncapped)
Who we are
Established in 2003, we are a world leading, research-led cyber security consultancy working with clients around the world. We provide specialist advice and solutions on all areas of security, from professional to managed services through to commercial and open source security tools. Our focus is working with clients to develop and deliver security programmes, tailored to meet the needs of each individual organisation.
In a rapidly changing technology landscape, innovation is essential and our ambition to push boundaries sets us apart. We are not satisfied with the first answer, we break things, reverse and research them until we have an understanding that is of real value. Central to this philosophy is the desire to deliver high quality cyber security consulting services and unsurpassed levels of support to our clients.
This is a great opportunity to work with some awesome people in a thriving business. If you have the ambition and expertise to fulfil this role then please contact us
We're looking for a driven Business Development Manager to join our growing team. Do you thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment? Can you create, expand and strengthen relationships with clients? Are you able to consistently hit targets and develop new business? If you've got high energy levels, and enjoy (and seek) working with highly motivated and talented people then we'd like to meet you.
What do we want:
Taking the decision to purchase a service that has to protect your organisation against cyber-attacks mounted by some of the best attackers in the world is not an easy one. The decision typically involves the CISO (Chief Information Security Officer), CTO, CIO, and occasionally the CEO/MD, and is increasingly seen as fundamentally important for the boards assurance.
The successful candidate will have to quickly grasp business drivers, and be capable to planning and co-ordinating moderately large teams of people within the prospect whilst demonstrating clear structure and sequence throughout the deal cycle. Additionally, the candidate will need to have a day to day interest in geo-political developments globally, and eventually show that they will be able to understand how a political event would be likely to decrease/increase the likelihood of attack against certain organisations (the company will provide training).
We believe in devolving responsibility to each individual, and not being prescriptive about how targets are achieved. The successful candidate will work well in an environment where micro-management is not part of the culture.
Finally, this job represents the chance to step into a hidden world which is fundamental to the future success of our clients, and will provide day to day stimulation and intellectual challenge. The successful candidate should relish this chance to leverage their brain in a way that few jobs can offer.
- Consistently reviewing performance against target. Forecasting personal sales and monitoring personal performance against targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, whilst providing reporting.
- Identify a carefully selected strategic prospect list and work to qualify, develop and build credibility within these organisations. Undertake this objective using a consistent and methodical approach on a day to day basis. Demonstrate constant progress.
- Develop, understand and match key drivers within the prospect business with likely threat actors (attackers) and any geopolitical motivation.
- Tailor and control each opportunity.
- Achieve the individual sales target set with the Commercial Director.
Who are we looking for:
- Good empathy and understanding how to get the best out of team of individuals.
- Demonstrate current geo-political knowledge ( if possible to map to current cyber issues)
- Consistent and logical approach to time management and prioritisation.
- Commercial acumen and a strong customer focused approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A background in Challenger Sales / Miller Heiman.
- Prior experience of Information Security is desirable