|Job Ref:||204744156||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
StreamAMG's is a dynamic streaming media company with offices in London, Manchester, Madrid and Malta. Due to the expansion, we are seeking to grow our UK support effort with a Systems Engineer to cover all our platforms and services.|
The successful Systems Engineer will work within the systems team and the helpdesk team. He/she will also be intimately involved in providing support for all aspects of the company's systems.
The right candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated with a strong desire to work in a proactive team. This role reports in to the Support Manager.
Duties will include:
- Support StreamAMG's existing products and platforms (Windows Based / Some basic Linux)
- Work as part of an on-call support rota
- Log items on StreamAMG's ticketing systems
- User support with Windows/Mac/Linux
- Using monitoring tools
Great to have knowledge/experience of the following:
- Windows Server ( 2003/2008 ) ( diagnosis / fault-finding )
- Liaison with clients and suppliers
- Active Directory, Exchange, IIS and other Microsoft based programs
- Desktop PC upgrades and deployments, including Windows XP and Windows 7
- Network services (DNS, WINS, DHCP etc.)
- Network switch, firewall and router configuration (Vlan, ACL, NAT, HSRP, VPN, Pfsense)
- Monitoring tools such Nagios, Cacti, Cattools, Graylog, AWS Cloudwatch
- VMware ESXI setup and management (ESXi 5.5, 6)
- VoIP setup and configuration, mainly Asterisk/Freepbx
- Basic Mysql or MSSQL knowledge
The following skills would be extremely beneficial:
- FMLE / Digital Rapids / FFMPEG
- Understanding of Streaming technologies ( RTMP/Streaming technologies /CDN )
- Hardware maintenance e.g. building workstations, installing rack mounted servers etc.
- Working in a data centre - Cable management / Racking / etc.
- Linux command line scripts and administration knowledge
- VMware ESXI basic knowledge
- CCNA or CCNP is extremely beneficial
- A dynamic, dedicated and self- motivated individual who is keen to learn new skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills