|Job Ref:||204741536||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Salary:||£46000 - £53000/annum bonus + excellent benefits scheme||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:31|
Senior Developer opportunity with a brilliant company who produce big data systems on a global scale. |
You will design and develop analytic systems and services using a range of languages and tools. In particular in C / C++ on the Linux/Unix platform.
You'll be given the opportunity to use JVM / Scala as well, so if you know these or want to learn then it's a great opportunity.
The company are a global organisation who are going through great growth. It's a fast paced and exciting environment, and you'll need to keep up with the latest technologies.
It's based in their central Manchester office with easy commuting links.
You will receive 25 days leave, a good bonus scheme and a flexible benefits package. On the last Friday of the month the whole company finish at 2pm, and 4pm on all other Fridays.
* Experience in the design, development, and testing of systems applications in C / C++ including:
* Memory management
* Systems programming (IO, signals, IPC, sockets)
* An understanding of how data structures, algorithms and development approaches impact to performance and scalability (e.g. computational complexity, memory bounds, data locality).
* Interop between high level languages and systems and low level languages and systems.
* An understanding of patterns of distributed computing, including:
* Service oriented principles
* Scale out and scale up
* A broad understanding of tools and frameworks to support distributed computing (Hadoop, cluster frameworks, PaaS).
* Principles of OO and functional development.
* Knowledge of Agile and associated development techniques including:
* Iterative Development
* Unit Testing
* Automated Builds & Deployment of Software solutions
* Continuous Integration
* Acceptance Test Driven Development
* Knowledge of formal testing and deployment methods from conception through to go-live (system, regression, and UAT testing)
Specific knowledge of one or more of the following technologies would he helpful:
* SQL Server
If you have the relevant experience please apply now.
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas