|Job Ref:||204740927||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £47000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:31|
Our client is a leading provider of innovative and cutting edge solutions to the health care sector. They now require a Senior Database Administrator to join their team.|
Responsibilities of the Senior Database Administrator:
* Provide excellent technical expertise on all database related activity. Working as a focal point for 3rd line support issues, database optimisation,and mentoring of junior colleagues.
* Plan, enhance and deploy clinical applications.
* Ensure databases are designed, developed and tested in accordance with best practice.
* Hands on approach focusing on the deployment, support and administration of production databases.
* Identify areas of improvement for production functionality, performance and monitoring.
* Work closely with Product Management assisting with ideas for product improvement.
* Provide out of hours technical support.
* Escalate issues, when appropriate, to the Operations Director.
Skills and Experience for the Senior Database Administrator:
* Excellent experience as acting as a DBA.
* In depth knowledge of relational database design, development, testing, deployment and administration.
* Experience administering large, high availability, transnational databases including performance tuning, back up/restore and disaster recovery.
* Excellent experience of SQL Server 2008 or later.
* Strong understanding of T-SQL. Experience must include: creating/maintaining/tuning stored procedures, scripts and functions)
* Experience of manipulation, transformation and exploration of large multi-dimensional database.
* Good all round knowledge of Data Warehouse development.
* Knowledge of SSIS packages and SSRS reports.
* Experience of .Net framework and ideally C# development.
The Senior DBA position is based in Milton Keynes.
The Senior Database Administrator will pay a salary in the region of £47,000 depending on experience.
For further information on this opportunity, contact the team at Lewis Paige on +44 (0)20 (Apply online only) or visit our website at (url removed)
*Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes