|Job Ref:||204740012||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:31|
Senior Software QA Engineer (Security) |
Established in 2008 Avecto is a global security software company. Its innovative endpoint security solution, Defendpoint, protects over 6 million endpoints at many of the world`s biggest brands, ensuring that strong security never comes at the expense of usability.
With ambitious growth plans and a culture of continuous learning and innovation Avecto provides a fast track for talent. So if growing your career, helping to prevent cyberattacks and working at a multi award winning company appeals, we want to hear from you.
Avecto is a Times top 100 company to work for and one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK, join the award winning team today!
Position: Senior QA Engineer
Location: Manchester - Relocation Considered
Benefits: they have created a fantastic work environment, where culture is key and having fun is a crucial part of the work day.
About the role
Due to tremendous growth, their Manchester office currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior QA Engineer to join their extraordinarily successful Quality Assurance Team. The QA team encompasses technical excellence and a genuine enthusiasm for creativity and innovation.
The role`s main responsibilities include:
- Leading & driving a number of projects across a broad range of cutting edge technologies from the latest Windows desktop and server platforms through to cloud based systems such as Microsoft Azure
- Lead the Quality Assurance for major product releases and be involved in all aspects of the QA/Development cycle
- Working in an Agile team, working closely with developers, UX designers and product management, identifying test cases and writing test scripts, attending scrum ceremonies and tracking defects
- Responsible for all levels of testing, including security, automation and performance tests
- Responsible in checking for consistency in QA approach across teams - e.g. with script writing, documentation, scrum ceremonies
- Oversee alpha and beta testing when required
- Offer guidance and mentoring to other members of the QA team and other departments throughout the company
The successful candidate will be a good communicator who can easily adapt to change and is excited by the prospect of working for a fast paced, innovative and exhilarating business. You will have extensive experience working within Quality Assurance within a software environment as well as degree-level education within a relevant technical subject (Computer Science / Software Engineering / IT).
Additionally, you will need:
- Experience of: Microsoft Azure, SQL Server, OSX and Windows 10.
- ISEB Certification
- Experience with test management tools (e.g. Microsoft Test Manager, Quality Centre, Jira)
- Experience with a wide range of test software tools
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Excellent communicator and problem solver
- Can adapt easily to change
- Strong influencing skills
You may have experience of the following: Software Quality Assurance, QA, Testing, Test Plans, ISEB, Microsoft Azure, SQL Sever, Product Release, Product Development, QA Lead, QA Manager, Software Development, SDLC, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications